Chapter 4: The Sweetie With Hazel Eyes

F/S - Favorite Soda

Y/N's POV

It hadn't even been a week or a day and we were already walking around the neighborhood holding hands, though, given the fact that Celeste had a cutesy angry look on her face, her cheeks blaring with a red burning hue, she still held onto my hand with such a soft and firm grip. Of course, it couldn't be any more obvious that she was enjoying this though she was trying her hardest not to make it apparent.

We walked around the neighborhood for a bit, even passing by a nice elderly couple's house, and sure enough, they already assumed that Celeste and I were already dating, and while they assumed, they weren't wrong either. They complimented Celeste and she looked away with a flustered mannerism, but she did a terrible job at hiding the fact that she appreciated the compliments given to her by the elderly couple since I could also spot a smirk on the corners of her lips.

We continued walking around the neighborhood. "So, what made you want to go out with me?" I asked her, still curious on why she even said yes. "Well...I'll tell you the truth."

"It's true that I've been crushing on you ever since I saw you. And...whenever I saw you speak to another girl, even if the chances were rare, I was pretty jealous when you did. Whenever you were done talking to a girl, I sort of took my jealous anger out on you. And, well, the reason I kept tormenting you from 9th grade until now was that I kept using it as an excuse to be close to you. I know I could have approached the opportunity better but I was nervous you wouldn't like me, and hell, I don't blame you if you still don't like me even if we are dating now. The truth is, whenever you spoke to a girl, I always knew that she was nothing but trouble and that there was no other girl perfect for you other than me, so I secretly threatened the girls you talked with to never speak to you ever again." She confessed.

"What?" I blurted out confused, concerned, and frightened by what she just said. "Celeste. Jesus..." I gasped, not believing what I heard, but it does make sense that she did. Soon after, the girls I talked to stopped talking to me and even avoided me.

"I know. I'm sorry for doing that. Trust me, I am. But I won't let those girls ruin you! You deserve better than them. Trust me, I hang out with people like them and let me tell you from experience that they are nothing but a bad influence and there was no way I was going to let them ruin your future and take you for granted. I went down a bad path and it took a toll on me, but that doesn't mean I will allow it to corrupt you too." She hissed, her tail noticeably sparking up with yellow electricity before calming down slowly.

"Thanks, Celeste." I thanked her, and while I was sort of mad that she did those things, I can sort of understand her reason behind it. Now, I'm not saying that her reason behind it is justified, it's not, but it is understandable.

"Thanks for understanding." She said to me as we continued walking around the neighborhood while still holding onto each other's hands. "But what about you?" She asked me and I fell silent for a moment before turning my head to her, "What do you mean?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow in confusion before she gave me a concentrated stare. "Why did you even bother to forgive me in the first place Y/N? I made your school life hell back and forth, yet you somehow still found the strength to forgive me even when I didn't deserve to be forgiven. So, why?" She asked me and I already knew that was the road we were heading. "To tell you the truth, Celeste. Yes, you sure as hell didn't deserve to be forgiven for what you did to me. But I forgave you because I finally humiliated you in the worst way possible. And seeing you risk losing your dignity like that just to earn my forgiveness is honestly something I couldn't turn down. And besides, finally having my retribution felt so good that I felt generous and just decided to thank you by not only forgiving you but also accepting to be your boyfriend."