Chapter 12: The Fall Of The Regent

Celeste's POV

The Gardevoir standing at the edge of the building stood gallantly as she stared down at the robot boldly. "Hmm? Aw, well, looks like that Pikachu won't die alone." The robot cackled metallically as he shot a red emission at the Gardevoir that disappeared rather immediately. "That speed! Impossible!" The robot exclaimed as he looked around for the Gardevoir but no luck. Of course, after its disappearance, the robot was simultaneously attacked by an army of mysterious dark orbs with a purple outer glow that exploded upon impact. "What the hell is this shit--" The robot was attacked by more orbs than even I could count. They were all pushing him into the ground as the crater he formed caved in deeper with each orb that rushed at him.

"What the hell was that...?" I asked myself as I watched the orbs morph into giant tentacles that whacked him around like a ping pong match before one of them slapped him back down into the crater. I hid as best as I could to avoid any trouble, however, The Gardevoir appeared beside me, scaring me.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not your enemy. A sister in arms." She spoke in a beautiful Japanese accent. "I can tell by your lack of combat training that you have recently just mastered your abilities and are at the primary level of using them yes?" She asked me and I shouldn't be surprised why or how she knows when it's obvious I can't fight for shit, especially with my powers. "Regardless of your inexperience, I must ask that you try to get its attention as much as possible. I'll take care of consolidated combat." She explained to me as she spawned a dark katana out of nowhere with an eerie purple outer glow as it floated to her hand to which she locked a firm grasp on its handle and disappeared instantly.

I felt way too scared to confront that thing considering it was packing an optical laser with a 5000-degree burn that'll cauterize my whole body in half. Those poor FBI agents that were slaughtered brutally were proof of that. But, if I wanted to stop this thing before someone else gets hurt, it was either now or never.

"Hey! Asshole!" I called out to it, sending a lightning bolt into its back which sent it onto its stomach, creating a small crater upon impact. It slowly rose and turned its head back to face me which made me cringe even though it was a robot. "Over here you piece of shit! I'm the one you want so come and get me!!" I shouted at it while putting on a brave pose, while deep down I was pissing myself shitless. "I was hoping you'd make this a whole lot easier. Thank you for that." It said as its eyes glowed red and I quickly dodged an oncoming heat blast that missed me but seeing the hole it burned through the barricade I was hiding behind made me wonder about the consequences if I don't move out of the way on time.

As I kept dodging that goddamn laser beam, it stopped suddenly, confused, I looked up in the sky to see the robot levitating with its arms lowered menacingly with its fists bawled up. "You're skilled in dodging even the most dangerous attack that my prototype has I see, well, let's see how your super-speed can match up with my own!" He said as he dashed to me and I quickly moved 5 feet to the right, seeing the robot punch its fist into the ground. Its head slowly rotated in my direction and I gasped as I dashed out of the way as the robot flew toward me but crashed through a wall. "Hold still you little vermin." The robot growled as its red glowing eyes were visible behind the mist created by the debris.

"Shit!" I gasped, dashing to the side as it fired yet another laser beam at me, but missed. I was about to attack before a mysterious entity dashing at faster speeds than me clawed at the robot, leaving behind very noticeable cuts on its armor. "The hell is that thing?!" The robot asked as he held his arms in a combatant pose as it tried to block the unknown claws that were tearing away at its armor.

I held back but then the Gardevoir appeared beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Hold still." She said as the both of us were instantly glowing purple. "What did you to me?!" I asked her, frightened by the sudden glow surrounding my body, "Relax. It's just a simple secret ability that not all Gardevoirs can inherit." She said as she encased both of us inside of a giant orb that served as some sort of forcefield. I hugged and hid behind her as she levitated the orb towards the robot that slowly approached it and stopped in front of the orb with its arms crossed.