Chapter 1 - Alexander West

Axel convinced me to join him in attending a social event. Not that we need it, but it's still a good idea to have our own connections other than Lee's.

It has been a while since Oliver decided to look for them himself. Sometimes I wonder why I haven't gone with him. Same musings I had when I didn't look for her myself when she went missing the first time.

I sighed, trying to shift my focus on the gentlemen with me, having a conversation about politics and how it could affect their businesses and other industries.

"Why do you look out of it? It's not like you to be bored in parties." Axel noted when he stood beside me. I gestured for us to walk away from the others.

I guess I'm feeling guilty about Lee and Oliver and their poor kid. I always tell myself that I should be doing more. I don't want to drag Axel's mood with me, but I decided to be honest this time.

"You heard Oliver. We can't. The most we can do is wait for Lee, or wait for him to come back with them."

Oliver didn't really divulge the real reason but he only hinted that Lee was involved in something dangerous and she went willingly with it. When we questioned him about more details, his defeated expression was all he could give us aside from his statement. Lee knows what she's doing. He, Oliver himself, doesn't have a say in it. He can only support Lee by staying quiet. When he revealed that they almost got divorced because of an argument, we were all surprised. Though he explained that it was mostly a battle of wills, on who will back down first because they both didn't want it, obviously. I remember his little smile when he admitted that it was him who gave up first. We still didn't get details. When he was gone, me and my brothers made a lot of speculations. He did say dangerous. We focused on the fact that Lee always prioritized security for us, drilling it into our heads. She gifted us with guns, demanded that we go practice. She even arranged the security firm in charge of securing our homes, as well as the ones we employ at our businesses. I can't help wondering if her situation was the reason.

"Cheer up. I can't believe I'm saying this to you." Axel hit me on the shoulders. Being the eldest brother, I'm usually the one advising them.

"I've heard you haven't dated in a long while. Go find yourself a beautiful lady tonight. I mean it." He patted me on the back before walking away. I sat down on the nearest vacant seat. Not many people remain seated in these parties.

Easy for him to say, he's actually getting married next month. Well, at least one of us is happy. Oh wait, Allen's been in a relationship for a long time now with that business developer from Taylor Industries. How long have they been married? I corrected my statement, at least two of them are happy.

I scanned the venue. Should I listen to Axel and find myself a beautiful lady?

---

A/N: Kindly support the other stories in the series. Thank you and enjoy reading :)

Book 1 - Memories of Tomorrow

Book 2 - A Lifetime with You

Book 3 - I Need Your Warmth

Book 4 - When Our Hearts Collided

Book 5 - Destined to be With You