𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

TW: talk of weapons and blood

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

"What the hell are we going to do then?" I whispered frantically, coming to terms with the fact that there was only a door between us and a serial killer with a vendetta.

"We have to fight; we have to get him down so that one of us can run and get the earpieces." Hotch responded, "I can't believe I forgot about them." He scolded himself.

I shook my head, "It's my fault, all this because I wanted to eat some damn cookie batter."

"Be quiet, I'm the boss, it's my responsibility." He mumbled.

I decided to heed his warning, knowing that I wouldn't get anywhere in this conversation. I was scared, no, I was terrified. Not only do I have the remnants of nausea floating around my body, but I was also weak, I was vulnerable, and someone was coming to murder me. The latter point is probably the one to focus on at this moment.

The footsteps seemed to get louder, and I automatically shifted back, closer to Hotch. His grip on me tightened for a moment, and for a reason I'm blaming on being close to shitting myself in fear, I grabbed onto his hand and brought it up to my chest.

I sucked in a breath as the door handle slid down, screwing my eyes shut as my mind whirled with thoughts, one of them being, what the fuck did I do to piss off God and get myself in this situation?

I felt Hotch's breath become shallow against the back of my neck as the door creaked open and footsteps protruded into the bedroom. There was nothing we could do now, we were here, we were in deep shit.

The fear was slightly taken over by confusion as Hotch lifted the hem of my pyjama top, bringing his fingers to trace over the skin of my stomach. What the fuck is he doing, because this is not the time for foreplay.

It was only when I concentrated slightly more on the touch, that I realised he was spelling something. P-O-L-L? No. He kept spelling those four letters, his fingers becoming almost frantic as we both felt the presence of the UNSUB hovering over us.

T-O-L-L? H-O-L-L? My breath hitched as I felt the tip of the blade touch my neck, Hotch's fingers simultaneously tense and trembling as he wrote the letters over and over again.

My eyes squeezed even further shut as the knife shallowly entered the flesh around the back of my ear, and the first trickle of blood slipped down my skin. K-O-L-L? D-O-L-L?

R-O-L-L? Oh shit.

I launched out of Hotch's arms, pushing myself round and rolling off of the bed, knocking into our UNSUB with a thump.

"What the-" The UNSUB looked down at me on the floor.

"Surprise bitch." I smirked, wrapping my legs around his ankles and using all my weight to pull him down on top of me.