Chapter 12

"Hey honey!" Caroline says when Josie opens the door.

"Mom!" She says and tries to run into her arms.

Caroline chuckles and wraps her arms around the brunette. "Oh sweetie you look beautiful with your baby bump." She says once she releases her to get a good look at the girl.

"Thanks mom. I don't feel beautiful, I try not to say that around Hope because she disagrees." She says looking at her stomach.

"And I agree with her. You are beautiful and you are carrying life inside you. That should make you feel even more beautiful." Her mom replies. Josie smiles and her mother returns it before looking around their home. "Where's Hope?" She asks.

"Oh she went to go get me some food. I have weird cravings again." Josie says, she looks at her mom's bags,"I could help with those." She says reaching for them.

Her mom pushes her hands away, "Nope, I got it hon. Are you sure you want me to stay here for a couple of days? Being in the home of newly weds feels like I'm intruding." She says as she walks into the living area.

Josie waddles behind her and takes a seat on the couch, "Yeah, Hope and I agreed, it's probably what's best."

"Okay. How long is Hope going to be gone? I assumed she'd be quick to be by your side at all times because of the pregnancy." Caroline says looking around.

Josie sighs and rubs her stomach, "She is, it'll probably take her an hour because she has to buy me some more pickles, ice cream, mayonnaise," she pauses to groan, "My cravings aren't just weird, they're also gross mom."

Caroline chuckles before joining the brunette on the couch. "How is my grandkid?"

Josie frowns, "Good I think. Aunt Elena said that the baby's heart beat is strangely fast. Hope thinks it's because it's supernatural, she's probably right our child is half siphon witch and tribrid...maybe." She rubs her stomach some more.

Caroline puts her hands on the brunettes. "Don't worry sweetie, we'll figure it out."

Josie smiles sweetly at her mother. "I'm so glad you're here." She says, she feels tears starting to brim her eyelids and she sighs. "Great."

Caroline chuckles and brings her hands to the brunettes face to wipe away her tears. "Gotta love the hormones." She kisses her on the forehead and wraps her hands around her.

Josie sighs happily and puts her head on her mom's shoulder, she missed being held by her, it feels exactly how it's always felt, comforting.

Apart of her can't wait to do the same with her own child. Another part of her is super nervous to be a mother but she has a perfect role model.

The door opens and Hope walks inside carrying like six grocery bags."Hey babe I'm home!" She announced.

Josie pulls away from her mom and turns around to watch her wife walk in. "Hi babe." She says trying to stand up.

Hope smiles and puts down all of the bags, Caroline helps her daughter up and Josie waddles over to Hope who gives her a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"Awww cute." The blonde says watching the couple.

Josie chuckles and pulls away after giving Hope a peck on the lips. "You got everything?"

"Of course babe." Hope replies before turning to the blonde."Hi Caroline." She says and walks up to give the woman a small hug.

"Hi Hope. How are you?" She says.

"Oh you know, taking care of Jo and my kid." She chuckles and intertwines her fingers with the brunette.