Chapter 20

Meera's POV:

I was in my cubicle when the pune came and told me that boss wants to meet me urgently. I got up and went fast wondering what is it.

Now it's been one week since I'm back to work, and hopefully everything is on track. Only Shubam and Manvi know the truth. Others know I had a bad accident.

As I knocked and entered inside, I can see Karan and Niroshini mam sitting in there.

I went in greeting all of them and boss gestured me to sit.

"So, Niroshini I hope you are clear with everything".
He asked her to which she only nooded.

"And so to you Meera, I would like you to handle a presentation on the 13th of this month".
He said looking at me.

"Sorry sir, whatever it is, I can't on the 13th". I said stright away.

"Why may I know a valid reason?" He asked looking at me and glanced at Karan.

He only knows the lie Karan fed him last time. So he still believes it.

"Sorry sir it's something very personal which I can't disclose".
I said honestly.

"Ok fine, but then your losing a great opportunity".
He said leaning back on his chair.

"Nothing is more important than family sir!". I said smiling.

"Ok but, if I give you chance to do the presentation and then go for whatever work you have? Then will you accept it?"
He asked again.

"Sure, sir if you allow and want me to do so, then surely I will".
I said being happy that he's giving me this opportunity.

"So done then, you are taking the presentation on the 13th".
He said with a wide smile.

I nooded with a smile too. Niroshi mam held my hand smilingly.

"I'll send you all the details about it later". He said to which I nodded.

"Karan just tell her all the needed information". He told him to which he too only nooded.

"And yeah Meera, the meeting is not here, it's in a grand hotel. So please be dressed well".
He said strictly.

"Yeah sure sir don't worry".
I told him in assurance.

"You may leave now, karan please go with her and explain everything to her". He told him and looked at me with a smile.

"Niroshini please stay here".
He told her.

I got up and looked at Karan he didn't look at me, something felt wired to me. We both came out and walked towards his cabin.

He came in and truned as I entered inside he locked the door and pulling me, he made me stand against the door and he stood infront of me in anger.

"What happened?". I asked being puzzled by his behavior.

"What happened to you?".
He asked me back in anger.

"What are you trying to say?"
I asked trying to cool my anger.

"Why did you agree for the presentation?"
He asked still in anger.

"Why would I say NO?".
I asked him confused.

"Beacuse you will be alone in one room full of 6 men. Still if you want to go, then your most free to go!".
He said leaving me pushing himself back.

I stood still not knowing what to think. I'm so dumb I should have first thought about it. God what am I going to do now? He is fuming in anger and phasing here and there. I slowly went close and held his arm.

"What?" He spat on me loudly.

I just hugged him tightly.

"When your there, why should I worry?" I said with a slight smile.

"Don't give me cheezy dialogs!"
He said but his hands came up to my waist.

I held him more tightly, taking deep breaths I can hear his heart beat. Why do our hearts beat same when we are close to each other? I thought smiling.

"Fine....prepare it. I'm going to be there with you. I'm not leaving you alone with that old frog".
He said stroking my hair.

I smiled and nooded my head.

"Ok, one more thing".
He said loosing his hold but hands still around my waist.

I looked up at him rasing my eyebrows.

"What personal work do you have?" He asked curiously.

I thought of playing fun a little. So I said with a serious face.

"Actually, I found an old friend on FB few days ago, so I'm going to meet him. We even 'dated' in college".
I emphasized on the word dated.

"Ho! Really?".
He said gripping me tighter.

"Yeah really!".
I said trying to control my laughter.

"Dare you even stepout without telling me where or with whom your going. I sware... I won't be good to you later!" He warned me.

Lord....he looks hot right now.
Control yourself Meera. My mind told me sternly.

"God! I am joking...".
I said to which he did not react keeping a stern face only.

"Your yet answering me the truth?" He said again.

"Don't you remember?" I asked him.

Still his hands are around my waist and mine around his torso. If anyone sees us like this we are finished. I thought to myself.

"What? I don't know!"
He said cooly.

"Pari's annual function!".
I said and then realization hit him.

"God yes!" He said turning his head.

"So, you said no to that big project only for a annual function?"
He asked me shockingly.

I nooded my head casually.

He pulled me closer leaving no space for even air to pass, our noses touching, standing in the middle of his cabin. I don't know what's going on here.

"Ka..ran....what's wr...ong?"
I sluttered and asked him.

"Why do you think and do so much?" He asked softly.

But, I felt some kind of unkown pain in his voice.

"Isn't she lawfully my daughter?
Biologically maybe she isn't! But I love her genuinely. And I promised myself to keep her happy".
I said closing my eyes resting our foreheads together.

How more tighter can a guy hold you? Now my stomach hurts. I tried to move but it's of no use. He kept his hold firm. We stood in silence for sometime.

"Can we get back to work?"
I asked slowly.

"Hmm...." He replied and finally left me not before kissing my forehead.

Yeah and now days these forehead kisses are become common. Hee...heee

He went and sat on his chair and opened his laptop. I went and first opened the latch of the door before someone doubts us. Then came and sat opposite him.

We then started to discuss everything about the meeting.

But in the middle of our conversation he tried flirting alot but failed cause while work I don't do anything else except work!.....

...................................Next Chapter