Two

Ella Frazier

Harry ended up staying the night at my house last night, although I woke up to an empty bed.

I wasn't surprised or hurt in any way, he had mentioned to me last night while we lay in bed that he had to stop in at work in the morning just to fill out some last-minute paperwork. It worked out for me in the end, my apartment has been a downright mess for the last few days and needed some tender love and care. 

I spent pretty much the whole day cleaning up every square inch that I reach. I did some laundry, swept the floors, cleaned the countertops and any other random surface I could find, and even rearranged the furniture in my room.  

Now it's late at night and Im laying stomach down on the couch, my face squished into the cushion as I stare at the blank TV, racking my brain to decide on what to watch for the night. A light knock sounds out from my front door, but I don't move. I'm pretty sure Im just hearing things because I did not make any plans with anyone tonight. As I said, Harry is at the office, and the only other people in my life around me are my sister and Wyatt, both of which I haven't spoken to today.

The knock comes again, making me realize that it's really happening and Im not imagining it. I slowly peel myself off the couch, trudging over to the door. I yank open the door, looking out to see Harry.

"You look good," he says with a laugh, his eyes scanning over my body to take in my disheveled appearance from cleaning all day.

"What are you doing here? I thought you had to work?" I say, stepping to the side so he can come into the apartment

"Well I did, just got back from the office but," He tells me, kicking off his shoes and leaving them at the front door, "I wanted to surprise you. I told you that you had to go on a date with me if I won yesterday."

"I thought you were joking," I say, sitting back down on the couch. Harry comes to sit next to me, grabbing a pillow and holding it in his lap.

"I would never joke about being able to go on a date with you, even if it is just at one of our places," he tells me, sincerity lacing his tone.

I lean forward, giving him a kiss that hopefully expresses my appreciation for him. 

Harry slowly moves the pillow from his lap, placing his hands on my waist and guiding me to take the place of the pillow on his lap.  I place my arms on his shoulders, locking my hands together at the back of his head. Harry keeps his hands on my waist, slightly pulling me forward so my chest meets his, and he deepens the kiss. 

Kissing Harry has to be one of my favorite things to do. It gives me an overwhelming sense of warmth. The way our lips fit together, almost like they were made for each other. There's something about being wrapped in his arms, kissing him like this that just feels safe. It's nothing that we intend to lead to more, just a kiss that shows how much e mean to each other. At least that's how I see it.

I feel Harry's hands travel from my waist to underneath my sweatshirt, his cold fingertips touching the skin of my back, the contrast of the warmth of the kiss compared to his cold hands sends a shiver up my spine. Harry laughs into the kiss, pulling back to look at me with a grin on his face. 

I look into his eyes, that familiar feeling washing over my body. The feeling I got the first time our eyes met all those months ago. His eyes are something I can only describe as a forest from my childhood, somewhere that I would get lost in for hours on end. Exploring every square inch of the forest floor and lucky for me, I found that same childlike feeling in Harry years later. 

"Im gonna run to the convenience store around the corner and grab some snacks for us for the movie, want to order a pizza while I'm out?" Harry says, snapping me out of my trance. I give him a nod, climbing off his lap and making my way into the kitchen to grab my phone off the countertop.