Epilogue Three

Eight Years Later...

Ella Styles

"Ella Mae, come on let's go!" I hear Harry shout from downstairs.

I smile to myself, making my way out of the bathroom to peek my head out of the bathroom door.

"Harry Edward, don't rush me!" I shout back, laughing to myself as I wait for his response.

"Ash is getting impatient!" He shouts back.

"He's three! He doesn't even know what being impatient means!"

"Don't undermine his genius," He says.

"I'll be down in a second, I promise," I say, quickly turning back to go into the bathroom. I quickly finish up my hair, fluffing it in the mirror a few times before I shut the light off, and head through the bedroom, then out into the hallway.

The faint sounds of the TV come clear to me as I make my way down the stairs and into the living room.

"Hi my little boy," I gush, spotting Asher sitting on the floor. Once his head turns to me, his little smile grows. I bend down to pick Asher up, holding him against my hip as I turn to find Harry.

He makes his way out of the kitchen, dressed in a pair of brown pants and a white shirt with red details sewn in.

"You look cute," He says, walking out of the kitchen to meet me and Asher in the living room.

"Thank you," I tell him, my cheeks heating slightly at his compliment.

Even after all the years we've spent together, I still find myself getting flushed whenever Harry compliments me.

Harry leans forward, giving me a quick kiss before he turns around, heading toward the dining room.

"Ash and I went to the market this morning," He tells me, grabbing the small bouquet of assorted colored tulips, "Angie says hi."

I look over at the flowers in his hand, smiling, "They are perfect."

"I hoped they would be," He tells me, tucking the flowers into his arm, "Are we ready to head out?"

I nod my head, "I think so."

We both make our way to the front door of the house and to the car. I take my time to carefully buckle Asher into his car seat as Harry climbs into the car. I hop into the passenger seat, take the flowers from him, and set them on my lap as he starts to back the car out of our driveway.

Celi has a dance recital today, which is where we are currently heading. One of her friend's parents from class offered to pick her up this morning since she knew we had Asher to take with us, so Celi is already there.

"How do we think she's going to do?" I ask Harry, watching as he flicks the turn signal on the car to pull into the parking lot of the auditorium.

Harry laughs, "We're lucky if she doesn't trip over her own foot."

I laugh as we pull into an open parking spot, the two of us climbing out. I make my way to the backseat of the car, unbuckling Asher from his car seat and holding him in my arm. Harry shuts the door for me and we make our way up to the front doors of the auditorium, following the crowd of other parents.

Once we make it inside, we head over to the women sitting at a table and hand them our tickets. In exchange, they give us a little packet containing all of the routines in the order that they come.

We make our way to the auditorium doors and find our seats.

"I hope he stays quiet," I tell Harry.

"He's with his mumma," He says, shifting in his seat, "he's going to be perfectly fine."