The Favourite Cousin

A/N: Hey guys, here is the next chapter. I actually had it written a while ago but forgot to post it. Sorry about that. Anyway, enjoy :) Also, shout out to Alyeraeb for showing tons of support to Aquaphobia (and reminding me to update).

Warning: Near Self- Harm. There will be trigger warnings placed around the small section

Disclaimer: I wish I did, but I don't own the Percy Jackson franchise. I only own any characters I create and most of the plot line.

"Elani!" I scream. Everyone comes rushing into the room. Greyson runs up to me and grabs my shoulders. "What happened? Where is Elani?" Percy and Will look at me, their eyes full of questions. "She took the Key!" I shout.

"Hey, calm down and start from the beginning," says Greyson, "what happened?"

"She started going on about how she was sorry, and someone was making her, then a weird light appeared, and she was gone, taking the key with her." Greyson pushes away from me and walks towards the wall. "Schist!" He shouts, kicking it.

"Calm, down Greyson," commands Percy.

"No! We did not go down into T-t-t" he stutters for a moment, "down there just for the key to be taken the minute we got out. I didn't nearly die for her to take it! Aria didn't nearly lose her mind to Nyx for her to take it!" He pants heavily as he yells. I walk up to him slowly and wrap my arms around him. I pull myself up and put my lips next to his ear and whisper softly, "shhh, it's alright, I know. We are out now, and our friend seems to be in trouble. We can't turn our backs on her now, no matter how bad it seems." Greyson calms down a little and buries his face in my neck. I hold him, knowing he needs to know that I am here. That we both are here, and we didn't die down there. When we pull apart, I look over at Will and Percy. Will looks like he his deep in thought, and Percy is looking at us with pain in his eyes.

We move to the couch, me and Greyson sitting close to each other, not quite ready to separate again yet. "Do we have any ideas who the 'she' Elani was talking about could be?" We are all silent as we think. Greyson stiffens next to me, and I turn to look at him. His eyes look at the wall with a blank expression as he thinks. "Greyson?" I question.

"I have an idea who it could be." Everyone turns their attention to him. "About a month before Aria arrived at camp, Elani told me her mother had been contacting her in her dreams. At first, I was happy for her, but then Elani started to change. She grew more skittish, especially around her siblings. I didn't think much of it, but then she started gaining new abilities too. Remember your first day at camp when we were playing capture the flag and Elani was turning into a ghost to scout ahead? She didn't have that ability before. Her mother had been changing her, but when you got to camp I kind of forgot."

"So, you think Melinoe is the one behind this?" I question. "That can't be right, she helped us when we first arrived in the underworld.

"Did she?" Questions Greyson, "because all I remember is her seeming slightly disgusted with us and telling us to turn back. Also, I didn't want to say anything in the pit, but what pushed us in? Melinoe was supposed to descend us slowly to make sure we stayed together, but instead some great 'force' pushes us in and forces us apart. Surly an all-mighty goddess would have sensed something powerful enough to do that."

"You think she pushed us in." I say. Percy looks at us horrified.

"Wait, did you say you guys were separated when you fell in?"

"Yeah, most of our time down there was spent alone," says Greyson in a way that says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. "I may have a way to confirm that it is Melinoe behind this," says Will.