00. sparky

rain thumped against the high windows of gym

rain thumped against the high windows of gym. pouring on top of the rough top of the metal roof top. the sound of hard rain drops was covered by the loud rap music that played through the speakers that were throughout the gym.

it smelled like sweat, cologne, and men.

it was nearly closing time for the gym. eight o'lock was when they gym closed on weekdays and nine o'lock on the weekends.

most of the guys would tend to spend most of their days here. coming in as much as they could to get a few pumps in. a mile or two on the treadmill.

there was only a handful of males left inside the gym. nearly all of them on their last sets for the day.

braden jackson had his headphones in his ears, listening to his own choice of music. the music helped him drown out everything. it blocked out the world that beat him down.

he was hitting the punching bag, his favorite work out, for nearly an hour and a half now. he took breaks in between of course.

sweat dripped from his forehead and his brown curls stuck to his tan skin. his hands were wrapped with white medical tape as he dotted a punch left & right.

he wore a white muscle tee that was drenched in sweat. then a pair of black nike sweats and his black nike's.

time always seemed to go by faster whenever he was in the gym. he didn't even realize he was the only one left in the gym until he noticed a few lights were turned off.

he then stopping hitting the punching bag with his fists and removed his headphones. he searched around the empty gym to look if anyone was still there but no one was.

he sighed to himself when he realized this was the fifth time this month that he's done this. he went to grab his gym bag from the bench that was near where he was working out.

but to his surprise, he couldn't find it.

he swore he left it there. on the floor next to his water bottle that was now missing as well.

someone couldn't have mistakenly taken his bag and thought it was theirs right? he's been going to this gym for years and it's never happened before. so why would it happen now?

maybe he left it in the locker room since he did use them bathrooms before coming to work out. he headed towards the locker room but came to a stop when he felt a bag being thrown at his bag forcefully.

he let out a groan of pain due to the heaviness of the bag. he turned around quickly at the ground and saw it was his bag. then he glanced up and saw someone standing a few feet away from him.

"the hell, fury?!" brady cursed out loud before bending down to grab his bag.

"saw you were looking for it so i just thought i'd hand it to you." fury pointed at the bag in brady's hands.