Chapter Fifteen

Draco woke to the smell of bacon. He opened his eyes as a plate was set on the floor next to his mattress with a clink. The large plate had bacon, eggs and two danish on it. Potter sat down behind the plate, putting a large latte next to it.

"So, erm.... I wanted to talk about what happened last night...." Potter said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Draco sat up slowly, already feeling irritable about where this conversation was going.

"I wanted-"

"What time is it?" Draco interrupted.

"Err..." Potter frowned, "almost noon."

"Then why are you here?" Draco asked. He picked up the cup and took a tiny sip, burning the tip of his tongue.

"It's- I wanted to talk to you." Potter's brow furrowed, "You're not exactly a morning person, so I waited until my lunch break."

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Well, isn't that sweet," he said, sarcasm lacing his tone.

"Malfoy," Potter warned.

Draco set the cup back down and took the plate of carefully crafted breakfast. Potter must have gone to the bakery for the coffee and pastries, but then went to the trouble of making eggs and bacon. Draco was entirely certain this meant the worst. And he didn't have to be happy about it.

"Go on, then," Draco said flippantly, picking up a piece of bacon and breaking it in half. It was perfectly crisp, just the way he liked it.

Potter sighed, shaking his head. "I wanted to apologise."

"What?" The bacon fell out of Draco's hands and back onto the plate.

"I'm sorry. I never should have-" Potter hesitated, "and I feel like I took advantage of the situation-"

Draco had to laugh, mostly out of disbelief, "Are you serious?"

"Of course-"

"You were drunk, Potter," Draco said.

Potter shook his head emphatically, "You said no. And I shouldn't have-"

Draco picked up a piece of bacon and threw it at Potter's face. It bounced off his nose. "My god, you are an idiot of the highest order."

Potter blinked.

"Do you really think I would do something just because you asked?" Draco had to snort, "You of all people. I'd have clawed your eyes out if I-"

"...If you?" Potter repeated.

"I only do what I want to do," Draco said simply.

Many thoughts seemed to work their way through Potter's brain at the same time, warring for supremacy as his eyes flitted back and forth. He settled upon; "But I was the one who made the stipulation."

"What?"

"I said, no drinking and no fooling around," Potter said, "and then I, well, you know."

And, of course, it was the most stupid of all possible thoughts.

Draco pushed the plate off his lap and clattering onto the floor, bacon falling off, egg yolk tearing and dripping onto tumbled pastries.

"And here I thought, fooling around meant one-night-stands. When what you actually meant was that I'm a whore," Draco hissed.

"What- No- No! That's not what I-!"

"Oh fuck off, Potter," Draco snapped, quickly standing up and storming past him.