Cityscapes and Motorbikes

Sitting on the edge of the wall my legs dangling over the water below me, freezing, reflecting the warm lights of the city it moved against the wall. The sound of the water calmed me and grounded me, around me I can see the city on the other side of the dark river, all the lights and the drone of the distant traffic gave life to the scene. A cold breeze pushed past me shifting my hair in the direction it was moving. It was oddly calm even with the bridge above me, its shadow hiding me from the beams of light. Closing my eyes I let my other senses take over.

My mind drifted with the sounds and smells crafting its image of the city at night. A loud rev came into earshot. Staying in this trance fixated on the sounds and atmosphere of the harbour my mind drifted further into serenity. I was yanked out of the blissful state with a violent grapple to my back. My eyes opened with a start as my body lurched forward heading towards the dark abyss of water. However, that grapple held me tight and upright keeping me from falling, their arms around my waist. I breathed deeply in reluctance and annoyance, and that's when I recognised that cologne smell. Piecing together the engine and the smell I rolled my eyes.

"Oh har har Samuel..." A scoff was heard as I felt myself be pulled up, his arms still wrapped around my waist as I stood my back to him. His breath echoed in my head as he began to laugh at me. My head tilted back and I saw the one and only Samuel. I took a step forward, attempting to break the hold he had on me yet it proved pointless as he just pulled me back. I tried again, but this time I turned to face the culprit.

"What cant I come to see my (n/n)?"The evening lights caught his features and bounced off his hazel eyes, there was his signature smirk stretched on his face that smile was contagious. A light chuckle came from me as he let me go.

"So what brings you to my humble abode?" I gave large hand gestures as I spoke with a tinge of sarcasm, my back to the water. Sam rolled his eyes and shook his head."Well I thought I saw you sat here when I drove passed after dropping my brother off at the orphanage, so I decided that why the fuck not and come down. Glad it was you, to be honest, 'cause that would have been weird." Sam smiled as he spoke, running his hands through his hair, and glancing at my face. Giving him a side eye before looking over his shoulder I saw his motorbike, my chest went fuzzy as I observed the bike. Smacking his lips, sam noticed me admiring the bike. I felt a heat rise to my cheeks as he grabbed my hand.

"Come on why admire her from a distance." He dragged me to the bike and his hands were calloused but soft, a strange feeling washed over me as I looked at his bike.

"So you managed to lift the 250cc then." He raised his hand to his chest and furrowed his brows at me.

"A bit below the belt ain't it, love, firstly it isn't the 250cc it's a 500cc twin secondly I bought this with hard earnt cash. You think so lowly of me. Just like my brother." I scoffed as his voice went a little bit higher than usual, shaking my head I admired the bike's features up close, the fresh red paint glinting under the tainted lights along with the polished metal dirtied with the mud from a previous ride. Sam gave a huge grin and he hopped on the bike. He shuffled forward a bit giving me his signature look, god it could make my legs go weak. He patted the space behind him.

"What?... oh no no no no"I backed away waking my hands as I turned my back on him. I wagged my finger in the air whilst a breathy laugh escaped my lungs."Aw, what! Come on (n/n) it will be fun, I promise.""Fun! You'll get me killed!"I could hear him sigh and press his head in his hands."Again you think so lowly of me, I won't get you killed, what happened to the thrill-seeking daredevil I once knew aye""Hahaha very funny but you won't get me on that nope. She beautiful but oh no nuh uh"I faced him, I should not have done that. His features dropped, his eyes widened with a sorrowful look, and his bottom lip pushed out a bit. God dam those eyes get to me.

"I promise I won't get you killed, remember when we climbed into that museum after hours and the guard almost caught you? Yeah, what did I do? I didn't let you get caught." He was right, he did protect me a lot from precarious situations that could A get me in prison B kill or injure me or C permanently damage me mentally or physically.

"Oh, you little...FINE!" Sam thrust the air as I walked to the bike. He offered his hand so I could get onto his bike I reluctantly took it and in one swift movement, I was on the bike, the cold leather against my slightly dampened jeans. I felt my breath hitch as the engine revved, I clutched onto his waist as we accelerated forward. We flew down the asphalt road to the main roads where there were loads of traffic"if I fucking die imma haunt your ass!""Well, I do have a great ass..."

He kicked the bike into gear and i let out a sigh and gave him an admirable look as he drove. Our speech was hummed out slightly from the traffic and the life of the engine but we heard each other perfectly. I smacked his back as we weaved through the different cars. I let out a yelp as he decided to pop a wheelie, the weight shifted and I almost fell off feeling my body lean back as sams body went into mine.

"Mother fuckerrrrr" He just laughed as we bounced back onto the 2 wheels they were meant to be on. I buried my head into his back, my chest pumping rapidly. The smell of cheap cologne and petrol intoxicated me as we drove, causing my heart to beat slower but my stomach to flutter more.

After what seemed like hours the tires screeched and the vehicle came to a stop."We are here!"