A Known Stranger

A voice came from the figure, I took this moment to look at who it was. turning around to see a male, just a little bit shorter than Nate with his dirty brown hair, that was shorter on the sides than it was on the top, and his lean figure. I looked at him intensely not breaking eye contact. This man's face was well structured, he looked like he hadn't had his face punched or run through the mill, same with his eyes those baby blue irises that were in contrast to the green and brown of the others. I shifted my weight from right to left holding my ground, waiting for him to make a move or something. Sam broke his brotherly debate on whether or not Rafe was a good choice, placing a hand on my shoulder and allowing them to loosen up.

"Yes right, Rafe this is (y/n), (y/n) this is Rafe. He's the one that got us in this place. Rafe this is the other person I was talking about." The calm tone he addressed the situation with assured me of how sam knew this person. This person was the fabled Rafe Adler, a guy who thinks money solved everything. it took me a second to realise how he addressed me in that."Other person, wow, okay that kinda stung." I broke my gaze and held my hand up to my chest as I spoke looking directly at Sam. He just laughed and just stayed silent, looking back at Rafe I saw him smirk, and then held his hand out to me.

"Rafe Adler, it's a pleasure to meet you" holding back the urge to gag, I held out my hand a shook his, his hands being too smooth for this line of work. the way he spoke as well told me a lot about his background, addressing me in this manner showed that he was brought up in a sociable and wealthy household cause I know no one who talks to someone like that on a day-to-day occurrence. it rang alarm bells for some reason."(Y/n) (l/n), it's a pleasure to meet you, Rafe." I mocked him slightly in how I greeted him but I'm not sure if he clocked it since he smiled politely and let go of my hand. I retracted mine wiping it on the leg of my prison-issued jumpsuit whilst Rafe looked at Nathan."So what's this 'problem' you were speaking of? Did he let you into the old building?" Everyone fell into a circle yet again, Rafe directly in front and the brothers on either side. taking a glance around I made sure that there was no one spying on us, I watched each corner of the chipped and bleached concrete that hid a small shadow that stretched out past the cause of them. followed by the same tall walls that bound us in this infernal place. After I did that quick sweep with the best results of nobody I tuned back into the conversation."After he read that letter, but other than alls dandy." I decided to chime in as Nathan was about to speak. Rafe gave me a deadpan look as he moved his head in realisation."Ohhhh, okay so how much does he know." Nathan was reluctant to tell Rafe I could tell because he stood there, their arms crossed and eyes wandering around the prison as Rafe spoke, only making eye contact when speaking.

"Enough that he wants a cut" the reluctantcy when nate spoke was partnered with the abrupt hand guestures "Shit" Rafe spat to the side running his hands through his hair loosening it from its fixed state. Sam took a long drag from his cigarette, the smoke seeped through his nostrils till he breathed out a considerable cloud from his damaged lungs. He lowered the cigarette and ran his other hand over the nape of his neck. My lip dipped to the side as I noticed that Rafe kept giving me side glances. This alarmed me as Sam also noticed this, pursing his lips tighter around the resting cigarette between them. Sam put his arm on my shoulder making eye contact with Rafe, I stood there shocked at the sudden move taken as he took another drag. I watched the entire situation and looked at Nathan, his face the same as mine and us both quickly growing tired of this. Mumbling to himself Nathan piped up with what I had a concern about."Rafe if anyone else finds out about this—" "Don't worry they won't... ill deal with Vargas. Don't sweat it." Rafe interjected, his tone commanding through a tensed jaw, whilst patting Nathan on his shoulder Nathan took a step away after the first few. I quickly shot Rafe a look as he eyed me again, Nathan rubbed his shoulder and I really didn't like this guy's attitude. Before I even did anything Sam pulled me back with his arm. a small cloud of dust forming at my feet as they dragged across the sanded floor.