Chapter Two - On Winning and Losing

Crack! That was the sound of rivet's hammer as it struck Emperor Nefarious right on the cranium. It was the sound that could be heard across the galaxy. The glass dome that surrounded his cranial cavity shattered. The blow sent shards of the orange glass flying. He flew backward and bounced off the remains of his imperial battle suit. He panicked and scrambled as he grabbed for anything to prevent him from falling off the edge. Just as he got a good handheld, he saw the other lombax, Ratchet on one of the Space-Pirate ships above him. He had the dimensionator now. He watched as the lombax smirked, and fired, which opened a rift directly beneath the emperor. Nefarious was no slouch and was able to pull himself back up as he prevented himself from falling through.

"You really thought you had me!" the emperor exclaimed; he knew full-well this fight was over His supporters were gone. The lombaxes had the dimensionator. There was nothing he could do at this point except escape. Before he was able to come up with any sort of escape plan, a loud bell rang. The emperor looked around, and to his terror the kraken Bubbles from Ardolis began to come-through the open portal behind him. Before the Emperor could react, he was in its grasp, as he was pulled down towards the portal. He grabbed the edge of the piece of metal he was standing on once again, now he hung on for dear life. At that moment his counterpart, the Doctor Nefarious approached the edge and looked him directly in the eye.

"Please!" the emperor said with a nervous laugh, "We could win this... together!" One of his hands then slipped free of the metal.

"What do you know about wining!?" Doctor Nefarious said. He kicked the emperor's hand, the only thing the held him back from disappearing through the portal with the Kraken. After that, the emperor was gone.

Ratchet, Rivet, Kit, and Clank all met up in the area where Rivet thrashed the emperor. Ratchet and Rivet gave each other a high-five, they had won. Rivet won; she had finally beaten the emperor.

"You two really are a couple of hot shots." Rivet said with a smirk, as she put her hand on her hip.

"Look who's talking." Ratchet said, as more dimensional rifts opened all round them. The dimensions were becoming more and more unstable. Ratchet set Clank on the ground and put the dimensionator in front of him.

"Ready to fix this pal?" Ratchet said.

"I would love, nothing more." Clank said. He tapped buttons on the dimensionator. His eyes turned a bright purple, and then a bright blue light began emanating from Clank and the dimensionator. The rifts were closing. The dimensions were repaired. It was over. Celebration had begun, Quark and Quantum could be seen with Pierre la Fer as they took it all in. They were happy the fight was finally over. Rivet jumped up, she hopped up on Kit's massive shoulder and sat down.

"Hey - I'm sorry for what I said before. You're my friend, and uh- thank you. For Coming back" she said.

Kit looked away, and then back up at Rivet, "Team?" Kit said. She moved her massive hand up to Rivet.

"Team." Rivet responded, as she grabbed one of Kit's fingers and gave it a good shake.

Ratchet and Clank then approached. Ratchet was carrying Clank with his right hand.

"I Guess it's time to go home, huh?" Ratchet said.

"Yeah." Rivet jumped down from Kit's shoulder, "Our dimension could use of couple of heroes right now."

"Well..." Ratchet said, looking up at the sky, "How would you two feel about making a pit stop along the way?"

"Where we headed?" Rivet said, giving Ratchet a smirk.

"I think you know." Ratchet responded.

"Ratchet, if you are referring to going to the lombax dimension first. We have not been able to extract the exact coordinates from the dimensional map yet." Clank said, raising his hand.