Chapter Seven - Home Sweet Sargasso

Chapter 7 - Home Sweet Sargasso

The courier ship descended into Savali's atmosphere. Switch was in the pilot's chair, she made the more fine movements to ensure the ship had a smooth landing. On board, the other four lombaxes of Ratchet, Rivet, Lockyn, and Arex eagerly waited to be on solid ground again. The fight on Zordoom had been hard on Rivet and Switch, rescuing them all from maximum-security had been no easy task. They had not expected the emperor to interfere, but they had still made it out alive. The ship landed on the cliff which overlooked most of the empty landscape of Savali, the town was just below them. The hatch on the courier ship opened once the ships engines had stopped firing. Ratchet was the first to step out, with Clank on his back with Lockyn right begind them.

"Wow! I never thought I would be so happy to see Savali." Ratchet said with a smile.

Lockyn followed him out and looked around, "Where exactly are we?"

"Savali, Lockyn. It is the planet the inter-dimensional monks call home. We are safe here." Clank said, Ratchet nodded to Lockyn as well.

"I'll take anything over that stupid prison." He said and began to walk toward the town with Ratchet.

Arex and Linx exited the ship next, "So this is Savali?" he said to Linx.

"Yes, this is where Rivet, Clank, and I have been staying. It is a very nice place, the monks are very friendly." Lynx said.

Arex looked out from the cliff, over the horizon. He saw the destroyed dimensional archives building and the few crashed Nefarious warships on the planet's surface. Lynx walked up beside him; it was obvious the planet had seen battles. The planet was scarred in places, battle scarred. The dimension knew war, just as his did. Arex began to reflect, his past, his entire life had been war. He had been fighting for as long as he could remember. He turned to Linx, and spoke.

"I'm starting to think we'll never escape. War and death, seems to be all we know." He said. Linx put his hand on Arex's back.

"One day, we will escape." Linx responded as both of them continued to look out over the horizon.

Rivet exited next, followed by Switch. As they walked down the ramp, Switch grabbed Rivet and spun her around. She gave her a jab in the shoulder, "You killed it out there!" she said.

Rivet laughed, "Alright, yeah... It was no big deal. It was mostly Linx." She responded.

"No, it was you. You saved everyone. You even saved me, I was sure the emperor had me." Switch responded and they both continued to walk down the ramp. They walked up to Arex and Linx, Switch grabbed Arex from behind and gave him a hug.

"You doofus, I thought I had lost you and Lockyn." She said.

Arex turned around, "Not quite, not going to get rid of me that easily." He said and winked at Switch, "I think a more proper introduction is in order now." Arex said as he turned toward Rivet.

"I'm Arex! Switch and Lockyn are two of my best friends." He said.

"Hi! I'm Rivet." She said and smiled at Arex. She then gave Arex an awkward wave and flashed a smile. Arex put his fist out and Rivet gave him a fist-bump.

"Thanks for saving us." Arex said.

"It was no big deal, not the first time I've broken friends out of Zordoom." She responded, Arex laughed in response.

"Alright, well, we should probably head to the town. Ratchet, Clank, and Lockyn are already down there I see. We need to work on planning our next move. Which would be, fixing your arm!" Switch said and turned turned toward Rivet. Rivet nodded in response and they all began to traverse the cliffs down to the village.