13 | Not my Intention

Note - Publishing this chapter a little earlier than usual today since I am going out. Have fun reading!

Yuta knew that revealing everything in front of everyone would upset Jina and he was apologetic too. But the way Jina reacted made him close up and not want to talk to her because at the end of the day, he did try to help her, he thought.

Jina pretty much stayed in her room the next couple of days except for when she came out to eat and even that became rarer. All this while, the noise of the clicking of the laptop keys and the scratching of the pen on paper could be heard from her room.

'Go ask her if she wants to eat,' Doyoung said to Haechan.

Haechan carefully knocked on her door once and then turned the knob to open it gently.

'Noona?' he called out.

'Hm?' Jina didn't even look up from her laptop screen.

'Doyoung hyung made your favourite, will you come out to eat?' Haechan said poking his head in slightly.

'No, I am not in the mood,' Jina replied.

Haechan didn't want to push her too much so he left.

'She said no,' Haechan came back to the kitchen and informed everyone.

Yuta glanced down the hallway, at her closed door.

'Okay that's it, she didn't have dinner yesterday and woke up late today so missed breakfast and now she doesn't want to eat lunch and have been in that room just typing,' Johnny said washing his hands and wiping them, 'I am bringing her out of her room,' he added and walked straight down the hallway.

Johnny only knocked once before entering to find Jina carefully looking over the notes in her notebook and not even acknowledging Johnny.

'Jina, what are you doing?' he asked leaning against the wall next to hers.

'I am working,' she replied curtly.

'I can see that, I meant why are you not eating?' he asked.

'I am not hungry.' She got back to typing.

'This can't work. You have been in your room for too long, you need to get out,' he said, now leaning against her work desk.

'No, what I need to do is write and edit.'

'Yes, and in order to write better you need good inspiration and for that you need to get out of your room,' he said, trying to close her laptop screen.

She immediately stopped his hand and looked up at him innocently, 'Wait, I haven't saved this work,' she said and Johnny chuckled.

He knelt in front of her reaching her height and said, 'Let's go out somewhere.'

'I don't want to', she said, saving her work and shutting down her laptop.

'Well, it is my turn to take you out on a date and we have to go, you have no choice,' Johnny said, in an overexaggerated manner.

Jina considered for a moment. It had been long since she was holed up in her room.

'Okay, fine, let's go somewhere,' Jina replied, nodding her head.

'Great, get ready,' Johnny said, getting up.

'But where are we going?' Jina asked.

'Oh, I know just the place to get you up and about,' he said rushing towards the door, 'I just need to make a booking,' he added and left through the door shouting down the hallway, 'Get ready!'

Johnny just has that energy to liven the mood around him and so Jina was looking forward to what Johnny was planning. She came out of her room and just then Yuta opened the door to his room. Jina noticed that Yuta had stopped in his tracks upon seeing her but she didn't say anything and closed the door of her room to walk down the hallway.

'Jina,' Yuta called out.

She stopped right in front of his room and turned her head only slightly having no intention to deal with any of this right now. She was not ready to talk about it. But just when she was about to take another step to leave, Yuta pulled her by her arm inside his room. He closed the door and trapped her between his arms behind it.

'Just listen to me,' he sighed.

Jina froze at the spot. Yuta was as close to her as he had been on that night on the roof in the cold. Her breathing had become heavier. And she was suddenly conscious of her hands, her face, her eyes and her lips.

Yuta's entire attention was on her eyes trying to find a clue behind them. He dropped his head low in frustration trying to think of what to say to Jina and how to explain his intention to her.

It was all too much for Jina. Yuta had been this close to her before on the roof, but that was different. They needed to be that close to stay warm and feel asleep. But this was different, this was exciting and this was making Jina's face heat up into a shade of pink.

'Yuta,' she whispered.

'Hm,' he responded.

'I'm getting late,' she said but made no effort to leave.

'Yes, I heard you are going out with Johnny,' he said, 'So it's only me you're not talking to.'

'Yuta, this is useless,' she said and turned away but was pulled back to place by Yuta's hand firm on her waist.

'Listen, I am sorry Jina,' he whispered near her ear, leaning close to it. He did not want to face her when he said this and was sure that Jina was relieved by his action as well.

Hearing these words, Jina's resolve was broken. All the emotions she had been carrying within herself since that night were brought to the surface by Yuta's words. Her eyes welled with tears, remembering everything that has happened.

'Please don't cry.' Yuta looked worried. 'I am sorry, I know I shouldn't have said those things in front of everyone. I understand how embarrassing it may be for you. But I just...', he ran his hands through his hair, 'I just didn't want to apologise to those girls for standing up for you. I couldn't let them think they won or got an upper hand on you or on us. My intention was never to make you feel this way, Jina.'

A tear rolled down her eye. She looked away trying to hide her crying face.

Yuta lifted his hand. He was hesitant, unsure of whether he is allowed to do this or not but he couldn't see her cry like this. He held her cheek in his palm and wiped the tear off her face with his thumb.

'Please don't cry, Jina,' he whispered, 'I am sorry, I really am.'

Johnny called out from the living room. Jina looked up at Yuta, 'I... have to...'

Yuta nodded and wiped the rest of the tears flowing down her face as though getting her ready so that the others don't see her like this. He opened the door for her and she looked at his soft smile one last time before leaving.