Chapter 15

"Im sorry I ruined the moment" I said as I helped Toby up "its fine Zack, everybody forgets things sometimes" he said as he rubbed his head with his hand "yeah but-" I started. Then I guess Toby experienced a little backlash of the motion sickness because he lost his balance and almost fell. I caught him before he did though. He looked vulnerable in this position. I almost felt like I was towering over him. I didnt like it. I had to much power like this. I stood him up and stood awkwardly in the room "whats wrong?" He asked, I guess he read my expression "just.....I dont want to take advantage of you..." I answered as I looked down "hey, your not taking advantage of me." he assured me. "I had power though. Thats not how relationships work." I said bitterly "it depends. In a relationship you have moments of vulnerability. You just have to choose who you allow yourself to be vulnerable with. You need to trust them and want to be vulnerable with them" he said as he stepped a little closer to me. I was a little confused. "What do you mean?" I asked as I looked at him "what im saying, is that you need to be choosy about who and when you let yourself be vulnerable" he answered with a smile. I let this register in my brain. Toby had trusted me before with the whole Zeke thing. And i'd trusted him with my secret of being a vampire. I realized that he could go and tell the principal about me and I'd probobly be put to death. So I trusted him with my life and I didnt even notice. "Zack? Hello?" He said quietly as he shook me slightly. I didnt know what to do now. This was to much for my brain all at one time. "I could be dead." I said, mostly to myself. If Toby was a bad person, i'd be dead right now. "Where did that come from?" He asked as he squeezed my hand a little. This was when I realized we were holding hands. "This trust thing. I told you what I was and you havent said anything to anyone. You could easily have me put to death if you wanted" I said to him. He seemed to be thinking for a moment. "I love you though Zack. I would never do anything to hurt you" he said, blushing. Then there was silence. But not awkward silence, it was silence that was needed. I looked at Toby's eyes. They showed worry but almost enjoyment every time he blinked. I noticed how well i'd begun to understand and read this human infront of me. How i've fallen for him and his amazing personality. And just how lucky I was to encounter this amazing guy, who might be my whole future. I put my hand up to his face and felt his head relax. Then we kissed. A cuple times actually. He was happy. I was happy. Who knew that having a relationship with a human could be so amazing? Now I do. And im glad I gave it a shot. This was the best risk ive ever taken, and it will be. Forever.

                        *°·~The End~·°*