X

I was tossed into Asgard, rolling on my sides until I hit the bottom stair of Heimdal's platform. Groaning, I stood up and looked around frantically for anyone surrounding Thor and I. But much to my surprise, Thor wasn't even here.

What? Where could he have gone?

As I looked ahead, I gasped at seeing about five guards and Odin rushing towards me. At first I thought the disguised Loki was going to maim me, but instead when he got close enough, he spun around and waved his hand toward Heimdal and the five guards. All six of them fell to the ground, asleep.

Becoming Loki again, he pulled me to him for an embrace. "Serena! Are you alright? Look at you, you're soaking!" He said, but still didn't pull away from me. I didn't return his embrace. Half because I knew what he was up to, and half because I was confused to why he was praising my well being. I just betrayed him.

"I'm fine!" I yelled meanly as I pushed him away. "Sorry, you've had a rough time. God, when Heimdal pushed you into the bifrost..." I didn't listen from there. Wait a minute, now Loki thinks it was all Heimdal's idea! And that I had nothing to do with it! This is perfect!

"I'm fine Loki, really..." I assured him. Best I keep playing my part until something else happens, when Thor makes a move...if he's here. He must be. He's just hiding, right?

"Well good...but I'm here if you want to talk about anything," he gestured. I smiled and shook my head at him. Something about him hinting at it so much makes me believe he knows there's another thing up. But he won't be hearing anything from me about it.

***

Nightfall came and I was a nervous wreck. I jumped at everything, too paranoid about Thor being here and not making himself known to focus on anything at all.

Loki and I didn't speak much for the rest of the day. Not even when he got in bed did he beckon me over. He's probably nervous I know something he's up to, too. No matter to me though. Nothing in all the realms seemed more displeasing to me than spending another night in his bed.

I waited in the corner of the room, pretending to organize a few shelves or closets until I knew Loki had fallen asleep. When he did I decided to go and seek Thor out on my own.

Tip-toeing to and out the chamber door, I cringed at any squeaking the hinges made. But as soon as it sealed and I took a step away from the door, someone jumped on me from behind, one of their hands over my mouth, the other arm holding my waist and both my arms pinned to each side. Instinctively I struggled. That is until I finally heard someone going "Shhhhh" over my mostly inaudible squeals. Then once I quieted down, the attacker let me go.

I spun around as I panted, staring at none other than Thor. I don't know why I keep going out hunting for this guy, he always ends up coming to me. "Damn it," Thor commented. "Are you kidding me?" I whispered furiously. He lurched forward and grabbed my arm, pulling me down the hall away from Loki's chambers.

"I thought you were someone else," he whispered, laughing a little. I kept my mouth shut to avoid saying something brash, but yanked my arm out of his grip.

He led me to the empty nursemaid room, the same room where Thor saw me conduct my ultrasound. But of course he doesn't remember that now. Once we were in a quiet place with no echo, I snapped. "Where have you been?" I demanded. Thor gave me a look of disbelief. "Well, I apologize if I needed to make a plan before I just jump into battle with Loki. I've done that one too many times before."

"So what is your plan, then?" I sassed, and in response he loosened his shoulders and threw his head back. "Plan A fell apart when I caught you leaving Loki's chambers," he complained. I forced a sarcastic laugh. We were arguing like we used to when we were teenagers.