Over the Edge and Into the Locker

Turner, Miss Swann, Narcissa, and Captain Barbossa all stood gathered around the charts. The ship was now dusted with frost and many crew members were shivering. Barbossa was not nearly as troubled given that simply being able to feel anything was a blessing. However, others were more bothered. Narcissa had her shoulders hunched and he saw Jack the monkey cuddled inside her jacket.

"These can't be as accurate as modern charts," commented Turner.

"No, but they lead more places," argued Narcissa who seemed to have a better grasp on what they were dealing with than the others.

"Over the edge over again sunrise sets flash of green," said Turner skeptically. "Care to elaborate Captain Barbossa." Hector detected a hint of distain in the boy's voice.

He knew Turner's frustration stemmed from his understandable personal grudge against Barbossa. He had ordered the boy's father sent to the bottom of the ocean. It was actually almost eerie how much the younger Turner reminded him of Bootstrap. He was also well aware that the lad only put up with him for the sake of Narcissa and the purpose of this voyage.

Though he was certain Narcissa was right about the welp having his own agenda. Bootstrap had always been cleverer than he appeared.

"Ever gaze on the green flash Mr. Gibbs?" he asked

"I reckon I seen my fair share. Happens on rare occasion. The last glimpse of sunset, a green flash shoots up into the sky. Some go their whole lives without ever seeing it. And some claim to have seen it who ain't. And some say..."

"It signals when a soul comes back to this world from the dead," exclaimed Ragetti much to Gibbs annoyance.

"I'm tell'in the story!"

"Sorry," muttered Ragetti. Narcissa patted him on the shoulder. It was clear she was becoming attached to the fool as well as Pintel, dimwitted as the pair were. Considering they were his most loyal crew members and he knew the two were too terrified to lay a hand on her, not to mention apparently having done the exact opposite during his brief stint in the land of the dead, she could have picked worse company in Barbossa's opinion.

"Trust me young Master Turner. It not getting to the land of the dead that's the problem. It's getting back."

"Bosun! Head to the wind and lift the sail!" he ordered they needed to pick up speed.

"Aye Aye sir!" called the Bosun. They were now coming up on a waterfall.

"Father ahead!" exclaimed Narcissa.

"Aye, We're good and lost now," he told the group with a smirk.

"Lost!" said Miss Swann in alarm.

"For certain. Ye have to be lost to find a place as can't be found. Elseways everyone would know where it was." As the crew seemed to try and work out what he'd meant the ship continued to gain speed.

"All hands to stations! Rudder full! Hard to port! Gather way!" ordered Turner to Captain Barbossa's chagrin.

"Nay belay that! Run her straight and true!"

"You've doomed us all," said Miss Swann storming up to him. Barbossa scoffed.

"Don't be so unkind. Ye may not survive to pass this way again, and these be the last friendly word's you'll hear."

"Friendly?" said Narcissa in disbelief. He glanced at his daughter who looked at him as if he'd gone mad. Fear evident on her face.

"Trust me," he said quietly. Narcissa gave him a long hard look before nodding. Turning to the crew she yelled,