Chapter 6: Sudden Attack

On one side of the island, in the far reaches of nightfall, the two lost students were searching for anyone who has survived other than themselves

On one side of the island, in the far reaches of nightfall, the two lost students were searching for anyone who has survived other than themselves. In addition to these 2nd-year high school students, there were survivors of the airplane crash.

One was named Akira; fair-haired with an undercut and wearing an ear piercing on his left ear, which was given to him by Atsushi after they had fought and defeated a bunch of other hoodlums in the past. He is lean and is barely the same height as Atsushi.

The other male student was Eisen Kagayoshi

The other male student was Eisen Kagayoshi. They appear to be separated from their classmates and are now all out on their own. Nothing to defend themselves. It was a primary forest, yet undisturbed. As Eisen dived into this unpleasant darkness, he became self-conscious from the gloominess of the time of night.

Eisen Kagayoshi

Eisen: "Akira, we've been wandering in circles

Eisen: "Akira, we've been wandering in circles. There's no one around here, I think we should get back."

Akira shushed him after Tomoki had finished his complaint.

Akira: "Shh... keep it down."

He gently shushed him, careful to keep their cover intact from potential threats lurking in the shadows. The two students have somehow managed to make it to the island, despite the plane crash, but they still knew there was something out there that could cause trouble, although they have no idea what it is. The individual also knows exactly what it could be if any of the students reach the surface of the area filled with primal trees surrounding the environment.

Then, he smelled a foul odor and heard rustling in the bushes on the other side. There was a soft grunting sound. More rustling.

For a brief moment, Akira somewhat remembered that carnivores in the wild hunted near streambeds, attacking animals when they were vulnerable, bending over to drink in the near waters.

As the scent grows stronger, distant snarls shiver down Akira's spine, stunning him in the middle of his tracks. As he surveyed the scene, they grew more scared.

Eisen: "What is it?"

As Akira recalls, tried to look around to see where the sound was coming from as it drew closer and closer, the scent of a different carnivore lured him into the jungles at night and the dire consequences that hid behind the disguise of a dark forest that took the form of a death trap for its prey, but then came silence. An eerie silence. The suspense had tired Akira; he did not want to see what would be revealed.

Akira: "We should get out of here right now."

But the recognition came too late; he heard a terrifying high-pitched cry, and when he turned he saw that Eisen was screaming as his body was being hauled away, into the bushes. Eisen struggled to let go; the bushes shook fiercely; Akira caught a glimpse of a single large foot, and it pulled back. The bushes continued to shake.

Suddenly, the forest erupted in frightening animal roars all around him. He glimpses a large animal charging him. Akira turned and he ran, fleeing the adrenaline surge of pure panic, not knowing where to go nor to hide, knowing only that it was hopeless. He felt a heavyweight that suddenly pushes him to the ground in a puddle of mud. As the stomping came closer, the animal suddenly revealed its true scaly form. Its massive head was 3 feet in length with jaws filled with sharp serrated teeth, and short crest-like horns over each eye.

Akira realized at that moment, despite his planning for wanting to see Atsushi again, that things had gone terribly wrong, and he was about to die.

To be Continued..........