Chapter 10 : Pteranodon Canyon

Before you start reading, I would like to remind you that a Wattpadder named MightyChroniclesUran had made an outline for a chapter idea I believe back in August 2022. This person helped me out with this one because unfortunately I had trouble coming up with a scenario of what I wanted to happen next.

I was planned to have this released in January of this year, but at the time, it was delayed due to a couple of rewrites, but finally, it is done.

If you want to share me your chapter ideas, please feel free to comment or DM me, and I'll gladly use it and you will be given credit.

Special thanks to the fellow Wattpadder once again, big shoutout to him, and without any further ado, please enjoy the tenth chapter of this strange yet intriguing crossover story that nobody asked for!

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

The jungle river has now grown more congested, but the mist is still present along the rest of the river's course. They were drifting along the river. Hikari turned his focus to the branches above. Mirei made an effort to get hold of the branches' collections of vibrant red berries.

Mirei: "You think we can eat those berries? They look pretty sweet."

Chitose notices what the berries are when she takes a closer look as Mirei reached for them. Berry holly. She was aware that both people and dogs might be poisoned by these lovely decorations. In actuality, consuming three or more holly berries can lead to serious health problems like nausea and gastrointestinal trouble like diarrhea and regurgitation. Mirei was about to take them when Chitose suddenly interrupted her with her observation.

Chitose: "I wouldn't grab those if I were you."

Mirei: "Why not? Those little dinosaurs are eating them."

She was pointing to small dinosaurs, scampering the berries.

Ichiro: "I don't know, they look like holly berries. You should probably avoid them. Don't let some plants trick you, although some can be quite edible."

And suddenly there was a huge splash, and through the water, they could see a long and rounded mouth grabbing a large fish. A scaly back and tail with jagged edges. Abruptly as it came, and vanished.

Nori: "Whoa! ... what the french was that?"

Kai: "Is it just me, or did it look like a crocodile?"

Hikari: "Maybe... I just hope it wasn't a Sarcosuchus."

Chitose: "What's that?"

Mutsumi: "The biggest carnivorous freshwater croc in the Early Cretaceous."

Atsushi: "How ironic to be talking about something."

Ichiro: "Man, this place still has a lot of crazy things up its sleeve. We'd better head off before it comes back in seconds."

They quickly rowed up to shore and headed for a clearing to signal. There was no sign of any threats that involve predators. Up in the branches, there were four small-horned creatures that are barely two feet tall, hopping from tree to tree. They had beaky heads, like parrots.

{Credits: NikoRex on DeviantArt}

Hikari: "Oh, no worries. It's just a small pack of Microceratus. They're mostly non-aggressive."

They continued to flow on the river since the flowing water became smooth, until finally, they encounter a large, domed enclosure that was left abandoned for many years. It was a vast domed mesh structure that spanned the entire canyon. An aviary that has housed many of the cloned pterosaurs that would have been bred and kept after until their eventual shipment to Isla Nublar.