1st Anniversary

No new chapter sadly, but today marks the official 1st Anniversary of "A Paradise Lost: Kyochuu Rettou X Jurassic World" 🥳🎉🎉🎉🎊

Thank you guys so much for enjoying the clash between the two franchises that are set in an entirely different world so far with only 9 chapters as the 10th is still currently in the works but it's almost halfway through completion.

How it Started:
I first came to Wattpad in the year 2019, and I didn't have anything to write about at the time, like I didn't know how to write a certain story about what I wanted to tell.

And as I was on YouTube while I was scrolling down to what anime vid I wanted to watch, I suddenly came across a video that somewhat appealed to my interest, and that was when I new nothing about this anime. I remember my initial thought was like: What the hell did I just watch? Yeah, that was my first thought after I have seen the video. Like, I only watched it one time and I never planned on rewatching it. It was like a 20-ish minute video, I would show it to you, but I don't think I could because I believe it got a copyright strike since it was a long time ago. I did a quick search, and there I have found out the title; the source from the video I watched. And the title was..........

"The Island of Giant Insects"

When I first saw the title, I thought it sounded pretty cool because it reminded me a bit of two movies that had the similar concept of giant insects: One was the 1954 sci-fi/horror film by Warner Bros. titled "Them!" and the other was the 2002 monster comedy horror film titled "Eight Legged Freaks" (essentially a movie about giant spiders attacking the people). And I can also see the inspiration from Japan's popular concept of giant monsters called Kaijus.

Now, I know that most of you anime/manga fans had probably the misfortune to come across an anime OVA/movie known as The Island of Giant Insects. And after I've seen and read the manga, I understand why. Bad CGI (obviously), plot and logic holes, stupid characters (some, but not all. There were only three I was rooting for and could be useful, however I had the hopes for one person in the group and it was such a wasted potential for her to die off too early.), and most of all, the ecchi scenes that were not needed.

But me, personally, I actually quite enjoyed it. Yeah, I kinda feel ashamed of it afterwards. I mean don't get me wrong, it is still not the greatest, but I think this is my "guilty pleasure". It is indeed a generic survival anime, but did I think it could have done better? The answer is, Yes! The character themselves needed to have more development with diverse characteristics instead of being mindless horny people who endanger other survivors. When the giant insects showed up, they were not exactly phenomenal, I mean they do have good details, but they didn't really have any story behind them, like how did they even get so big in the first place? Was it supposedly like a science experiment or something? I don't know. It's just there anyways.

Now those sexual situations happen way too much in survival horror anime in general. Take Highschool of the Dead for example. Like the reasons for the sex scenes at unnecessary times in some horror movies is so that the author or director can find a reason to kill off the characters.

Leading the bad side aside, let's talk about the good side. Let me start off with Mutsumi Oribe. Like she's such a fascinating character throughout the movie and manga. I truly adore her because if she can teach me about a thing or two about bugs, then she can definitely teach everybody. And I believe she is my favorite character in this franchise along side with Chitose, Ayumi, and Kai. Yes, I agree that there were some problems of Mutsumi throughout the story, but that doesn't mean I hate her.

I was pretty curious if there were some fanfics based on Kyochuu Rettou, and one that first inspired to make a Male Reader fanfic of my own was JDENT8 's Kyochuu Rettou X Godzilla Male Reader. I did actually enjoyed it a lot despite that there will be no more new chapters of it.