Chapter 8: Encouragement

Previous Chapter RECAP:
Everybody watched and tried to see where Mirei's finger is pointing at. As they were, they suddenly see a distant object flying by in the skies.

Ai: "What is it?"

Nori: "It looks like a plane... wait, could that mean?"

Ichiro: "Yep! Help is on its way, you guys!"

Mami: "Yes! Get me out of this hellhole, already."

Atsushi: "All right, get your thumbs out of your asses, stupid dogs, let's go get rescued!"

Nori: "Hey, come on, Atsushi! I'm a respectful person, not a dog!"

Atsushi: "Just shut your mouth and come on!"

Nori grunted in annoyance after. The whole group ran as fast as they could when they passed through the trees. They felt relieved that this could be their chance to get out of this island, but Hikari heard an inhuman voice, unlike any other animal or bird we know.

Hikari: (In thoughts) "Wait... I don't think that was a plane."

By then, something showed up, and is ready to swoop down upon seeking its prey, and out of protective nature, Mami shoved Ayumi to the ground, but she is caught by the pterosaur and is being taken away, and there Mami screamed in full terror.

Hikari: "Oh my God!"

Hikari stared in shock as a gigantic pterosaur attacked Mami and propelled her into the air. Pteranodons catch their prey with their feet. In witnessing Mami being carried away, the group was terrified at the size of the flying reptile. It was as if they had not seen anything of a prehistoric bird that big before. This dinosaur was also one of the genetically engineered giants.

 This dinosaur was also one of the genetically engineered giants

[Image Credit: NikoRex on Deviantart]

Nori: (shocked) "What the heck is that?!"

Ichiro: "It's a pterodactyl!"

Ayumi was shocked and terrified at seeing her friend being taken away and she attempted to go after her, but she is restrained by Chitose and Kai, telling her to calm down, but Ayumi shouted that Mami needs their help.

Ayumi: (shouting) "No! Mami-chan!!!"

Chitose: "Captain!"

Kai: "Ayumi, stop! Don't be crazy!"

Ayumi: "Ngh! Let go of me! That thing has my friend!"

Chitose: "It's too late! She's already being taken! We can't rush in like that! Please, just stay down!"

Ayumi: "Let me go! I need to save Mami!!!"

Chitose realized that catching her was impossible because the pterosaur was too far away. It is evident from the sound of Mami's screams that the flying dinosaur flew away. Now Mami has become a casualty of a dinosaur attack for the second time. The rest of the fellow group survivors must decide whether to move or stay put.

・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

AFTER THE PTERANODON has captured the idol and was taken to its territory, Atsushi asserted that they should get back to the campsite before they talked some things out.

Atsushi: (Sighs in relief) "Now that this situation is over, let's go back to the campsite before anything else gets here."

Ayumi: "...No... Mami's been captured by that thing. I promised that I would keep her safe... but I'm not willing to let those bastards get away with this. I'm going after her!"

Mirei: "Excuse me!? Did you get balls for brains? Those killer birds started to attack us about a moment ago. So, what's your idea, tracksuit? You're gonna call a foul on it?"

Ayumi: "Oh, bitch. I will strike you the fuck out if I have to. Just get out of my damn way!"

Atsushi: "Woah, woah, ladies. I know dinos are scary, but there's no need for a catfight. We all know now that the poor idol is already dead. So we just need to focus on getting our live asses home."

Ayumi: "You're telling me that we should just abandon our classmate?!"

Atsushi: "Damn straight. Snitches get stitches and don't take it too personally, it's only natural selection, babe. I don't make the rules."

Ayumi shook her hand in anger, the expression she makes looks like she wants to beat him to a pulp, but Hikari quickly calmed her down with a firm hand on her shoulder.

Hikari: "No, you're wrong. She's still alive. Although I've never seen a Pteranodon that big. At this rate, she's gonna be taken to its nesting area which could be located at a high mountain, or maybe like a canyon according to their breeding behaviors where they can overview from high points."

Kai: "Yeah, but, uh... where exactly could find this mountain?"

Ai: "Hm... I believe that it's straight up that way. In that mountain over there. It's right if the Southern Mountain Range from here. Which means that's exactly where we can find her."

Ai pointed at the mountain that is more than 2,000 meters with high enough altitude to house numerously populated pterosaurs, looming over the meadows. The mountains in particular are the island's most largest places to be seen.

Hikari: "I highly doubt that there's a river past the forest, and if there is, then we can find a raft

Hikari: "I highly doubt that there's a river past the forest, and if there is, then we can find a raft. We can't wait any longer because that's where we need to be. The babies from the bird's nest will eventually hatch. And when they do, they will see Mami as their first meal."

Mirei: "The fu-? Oh, hell no!"

Nori: "But what's the point? There's not a chance that we can beat those things to get Mami, right?"

Hikari: "Look, I get some of you are afraid of trying, but my point is that we can't afford to give up just yet. We have escaped and survived the dangers for just one day, and yes, we have lost Satoshi and Hiroshi, but let's be grateful that we're alive now. We have to trust each other, rely on each other, and it's about time that you guys realized that we are not alone, we're all in this together."

Mutsumi: "Hikari's right. I mean, what would the sense be if we're just going to run away now."

Kai: "Well said, dude."

Chitose: "So we need to get to that broke top mountain right away. No matter what, I can't bear to let her die, either."

Mirei: "Hmph. And what makes you so confident about it?"

Hikari: "Because I know that we're going to make it if we all push forward."

Nori: "I guess... I agree with Hikari. It'll be a waste of our lives if we are washed up to this place and not stay as a group."

Atsushi: "Fine, then. I've independently decided! Let's head to that mountain, and get this movable feast underway!"

To be Continued..........