Chapter 7: Task at First, Danger the Next

The golden rays of the sun give a bright color to the clouds and meadows, mountains, and valleys. At first, there appears a small ball of light in the sky. It then goes on to increase in size and shine.

It was now morning when the sun had risen from the sky and the day became light with beautiful sun rays shining through the trees and birds chirping in a happy tone. Hikari was out in the forest rounding up some chestnuts for the group and himself. But then...

"Hikari!" A sudden feminine voice was heard from somewhere in the forest.

"Son?" another voice was heard.

"Mom? Dad? Is that you?" Hikari asked, before he instantly ran through the forest, trying to locate their voices.

"Mom! Dad!" Hikari shouted with joy and tears streaming down his eyes. He was so happy that he was going to see his parents for the first time again after they were gone for so long when he was lonely.

"Hikari? Are you there?"

"We're over here!"

"Hold on, I'm coming!" Hikari happily shouted.

His parent's voices were located and they echoed the inside of a cave. As he stepped inside...

"Hello? ...Mom?... Dad?... Where are you?... I wanted to see you guys for so long..."

"Hikari..."

"...We've been longing to see you."

"Hikari!"

This leads to a scary moment where a human form is shapeshifting into a Deinonychus and is ready to tear Hikari up to shreds; that made him gasp as he immediately woke up breathing heavily.

One of the herbivorous creatures yawning with a roar that echoed across the Elysian Fields has wakened the dinosaurs from their sleep. The Dreadnoughtus was already on the move.

The first rays of warm sunlight burst from the trees of the jungle forest

There were two round lodge shelters since there are only 12 survivors in one group. Inside the round lodge shelter, the teenagers were still asleep.

Hikari was the first to come out of the shelter in the early morning. He yawned and stretched his arms up, and went to wash his face to get his mind off the dream he had.

Since he was now fully awake, he decided to forage for some breakfast for the group. Sure they're still some rations left but not a lot, but he figured that it'd be best to save for the rest later. So he grabbed his spear and a bag to go out and forage for some food.

9:40 am - Mid-morning
Out in the rainforest, Hikari was at the shallow river to search for some fish, trout fish that is. So he used his spear to catch three of them with one hit, but he's gonna need more than just three for the group of survivors to consume, so he puts the fish that he caught in the bucket, and started to catch some more.