2 || ᴘᴀɴɪᴄ! ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ

Semenars all wrapped up; despite it being well into the afternoon, this day wasn't over yet. Not for everyone.

You'd love to crawl into bed, lurk there all whilst chowing down on your favourite snacks free of peer judgement. Regrettably, you'd gotten a party invitation via roommate.

She'd been busy colour-coding flashcards listening to Sex Pistols as she mentioned it aloud whilst you leafed through a textbook. Inquiring if anyone can go, and she replied "I guess you can come if you want, you seem cool."

So, that was your invite.

Surprise, surprise, everybody in the friend group caught wind of it.

Leo wore you down in seconds, convincing you to come to a massive fratt party, happening in one of the so called 'Jocks' dorms. Or, well, that's what you dubbed it. Suggesting that this was a great way to reconnect with 'the otherssss'.

Even though you were adamant about going alone, in the end you'd resigned yourself to this fate.

The main guy hosting it used to have parties down at the local lake, drove around in a truck. Flirted with a lot of girls. Total douchebag if there ever was one.

Think his name was Trent?

Walking amongst the group, each boy genuinely excited to be invited, hands shoved deep into your pockets. Going to be a lot of drunk teens there. So many assholes. So few IQ points between them.

Fighting through the crowd at the front, strobe lights momentarily blinded you. Loud music breaking through surround sound speakers situated in every available space, a cheering crowd as deafening as the music itself!

Definately not your natural habitat.

"I can't believe you dragged me here!" yelling over the music, dragging Leo close, but he wasn't interested. Staring lustfully at a trio of girls dancing seductively on the bar, attracting many eyes of both sexes.

Shaking him, gritting your teeth "Leo! Hey! -"

With one fleeting glance, unable to tell what kind of expression he was making in that moment, turning to Sam, then back to you "okay. Look. While he makes out with his Macbook, I'm going to get Spitzy Freaky over there. You two -" gesturing between yourself and Sam "- should hang out. Bond and stuff. Make memories! Go nuts"

"Hey, wait, Leo no -" but it was too late.

Now left with a stranger, both visibly uncomfortable with the entire ordeal. Not of being lumped together, but with watching Leo dance wildly as people slowly isolated him in a bubble.

Huffing, turning to Sam, who was ambling away fishing out his phone, leaving you behind.

An uproar of rave music being the backdrop of your loneliness; carefully moving around bodies, trying to shrink down, avoiding eyes at all cost. You may be a party person, but you really didn't want to mingle with so many strangers on your lonesome.

You did eventually relocate back to Sam's side, or rather, came to watch the poor boy mutter sporadically drawing glyphs onto a coffee table with nothing but frosting.

It was a real head scratcher - stress affected people in different ways. Perhaps best solution was to forget you witnessed this.

"uhhh, I know your busy right now Sam - but if you get a moment, tell the crew I'm outside'' sympathetically patting his shoulder. Feeling bad about abandoning him when he potentially needed help the most, but trusted he could fend for himself.

Besides. You didn't know him.

Pushing through the dancing crowd, breaking out into glorious fresh air where only a few college kids hung out either smoking or being antisocial. Possibly taking breathers, too.