Chapter 14

The hospital had agreed to let Tommy out with me too, so we both went to my house together- no our house. Clay was with us too, along with my mom and dad. Honestly, it was kinda embarrassing that we both had to come back from the hospital, but we were better than before. Also, Tommy and I had got enrolled into a therapy program, and we were both on the same track, though I had it slightly different than him because of my anorexia. 

But Clay agreed to always help me. While he put down his contact as my emergency contact at the hospital. Which I found funny, even though we were dealing with you know- emergency contacts. So, back to my house. We had finally gotten in the driveway and out of the fully packed car. There were a lot of people in the car, and I’m not lying. We had also decided that we should get Tommy new clothes, so we would do that tomorrow. I walked into my familiar house, the smell refreshing me since I hadn’t been here in so long. I smile as I walk up the stairs, and into my room. It was just how I left it. Clean and tidy. I like things that way, things just look good when they're clean. Even though it’s cluttered, it’s still clean and neat. Just how I like it. I heard someone open the door to be met with piercing blue eyes. Clay. 

“Settled in?” He asked, stepping closer to me. 

“Yeah, I’m all good. It feels nice to be home. Did Tommy get his room and everything?”

“Yeah! I like Tommy, he’s really cool. I see why you two made good friends.” 

He bends down to meet my eye level, cupping my cheek. I nod as he presses his lips against mine, butterflies filling my stomach. I go on my tiptoes and grab the back of his head, deepening our kiss. He bites at my lip, asking for entrance within my mouth. I gladly oblige, opening my mouth so it’s vulnerable for him to explore. Our tongues dance together. Eventually, we pull apart and Clay gives me one last peck on the lips before hugging me. 

“Has the police department called you back yet?” I ask 

“No, but I think they’re going to call me today,”  he stated, looking into my eyes. 

"Okay, well- just ask me if you need me there with you, okay?"

"Y-yeah," he stutters.

I see his eyes become darker, which I can assume what he's thinking about. I just feel like complete shit. About Clay that is. So, I need to come up with something that can distract him, but also make him feel better. And make me feel better becasue it makes me sad to see him sad. Maybe that's the way he feels about me too. But anyway, I'm trying to think of somehting that we can do together. Then an idea pops into my head, even though it's still out of my comfort zone a bit...

We can go get ice cream at the pier! (eheheheehhee i know what i did)

"Hey Clay?"

"Hm?" he responds

"Do you think we can go to the beach and get some ice cream?" I ask

"Yeah! Of course! Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I want to do this. I want to get better. And most of all, I haven't had ice cream in a long time!"

"Okay! Let's go. Do you want to bring Tommy?"

"I think he's going to dinner with my parents in a bit. Just so they can get to know him and his story."

"Okay, so it'll just be us?"

"Yep," I state in agreement with his question.

Tonight we were going to spend alone, together. On the beach, eating ice cream. Somehow Clay always has this ability, the ability to cheer me up no matter what, to make life worth living.