05 [Trying not to get killed I]

Chapter 5

The subway train stopped around halfway past Dongho Bridge.

"Oh my god…"

Several survivors stood up and looked at the scene taking place outside—the ruined Seoul and the collapsed buildings. Monsters reminiscent of a giant snake were eating the wreckage of a fighter jet that had crashed into the Han River.

"W-What the hell…!"

Just bellow the Dongho Bridge a giant snake was lurking around. An ichthyosaur. A monster that was commonly called a sea serpent, it would later be classified as a 7th grade monster in the world of Ways of Survival. One of the ichthyosaurs looked in this direction. I felt like that damned snake was looking right in my soul.

"U-Uwaaah! It is coming!"

People screamed with fright. However, I just looked apathetically at the approaching ichthyosaur. These guys couldn't be a threat. The ichthyosaur circled around the bottom of Dongho Bridge and vanished into an air bubble. In the world of Ways of Survival, 'scenarios' took precedence over anything else. Unlike Kim Dokja who thinks we were protected by the scenario, I think something a lot more vicious and terrifying than the monsters lurks around the scenarios, humans.

Humans would do- are willing to do anything and everything to survive, even the most vicious acts. That's what makes them so terrifying, so I always tend to avoid them and I plan to do so.

[Compensation settlement is delayed due to an unexpected scenario check. Please wait.]

Delayed? It should have shown by now... Ahh whatever as long as I get my coins.

I looked down just to see Kim Namwoon's lifeless body. According to the original Ways of Survival, Kim Namwoon killed most of the people in this carriage and moved on to the next scenario.

However, we stopped it. If my thoughts were right, those who would be angry at Kim Namwoon's death would appear. Here? Not here. They were in the sky above. I unconsciously glanced up when a message appeared.

[Due to the death of character 'Kim Namwoon', two constellations show a faint hostility towards you.]

It's just a bit of hostility... They'll grow to love me soon enough.

Constellations. They were mysterious beings in Ways of Survival. They sat watching from the distant nebulas and were the masterminds of this tragedy. Once the constellation's preferences notification appeared, I realized that it was now starting in earnest.

It was funny. A day ago, our positions were opposite. Now they were the ones watching me.

[A handful of constellations admire your scenario.]

[Constellations have sponsored you 500 coins.]

[A certain constellation has shown interest towards you.]

If there were some constellations who disliked me, there would also be some who liked me. Either way, it was an uncomfortable situation. However, I couldn't do anything about them right now.  I looked at the swiss army knife that belonged to Kim Namwoon which was also used to kill the guy.

I felt a tug on my shirt. It was Gilyoung. I gave him a reasuring smile and held his hand in mine.

"How is Dokja-ssi so…" Yoo Sangha asked Dokja.

"Yes?"

"Ah, it is nothing. Rather… Thank you."

"What do you mean?"