The Game part 3

"It wasn't my fault," Nallie spit with rage. "They all would have done the same" she muttered to herself, kicking at the ground. "Gaaah, this isn't fair!!" She screamed into the wind. When suddenly a bullet strayed past her head. From the bushes a group of hunters exposed themselves with knives in hand.

"Get'em!" one of the hunters ordered.

"Gahahaha" The crooked faced hunter bawled out with a wicked laugh. Nallie, still in shock, as a bullet whizzed past her head. Her body was telling her to get away but her legs felt like cement, her wings wouldn't budge. The hunters grew closer, giving her enough adrenaline to make an escape. Nallie could hear the snapping of the woodland floor under the hunters feet as they chased after her.

"Get back here mutant" A hunter spit out.

In her haste, Nallie spotted an old hallowed tree. Hide. Was her only thought. With a flash of light, she morphed herself into a ladybug and snuggled into the tree.

...

BBBAANNGG

Jostled awake from her light slumber, Jaime jumped to her feet. Unaware of what just happened not too far off. Thinking it was just Nallie being a drama queen and banging on trees (again) she decided to ignore it till morning. She knew if she went after her it would just get them going again. She turned to make sure Liam didn't wake up, seeing him still fast asleep, she layed back down and fell asleep without much more thought.