The Game part 5

A headache pounded as Liam's eyes flickered open, the feeling of groggy kept him still, but the light coming from what looked to be a fire flickering prevented him from falling back to sleep.

"Jamie, is that you? Did you find Nallie?" He groaned, trying to shake off the sleep. "How long was I out for?" The silhouettes turned to look at him, it was not the friendly face of the little changlin, or that of the leopard, but someone he hadn't seen before.

"I see you have awoken, and I do not know who they are, but they will not shrink our numbers." The stranger said as they stepped toward Liam

"Who are you? Why did you take me from the beach?!" Liam said now worried for much more than just falling asleep.

"Why have your people taken us from are homes?" They snapped back.

"What do you mean? Me and my friends jumped ship and ended up here, we didn't take anyone." Liam defended himself.

"I swear, all you humans are the same" as they took another step closer, Liam could see what looked to be antlers. Realizing that he still took on a human appearance, he was quick to defend himself.

"Oh, no, you see, I'm not human, I'm a reptilian." He said the last few words as he transformed back into his scaly self.

"I've never seen one like this on earth, how did your people acquire it?" They asked as they inched closer, tilting their head.

"You know that's the thing, I'm not from this planet." He said sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

"You will be a fair asset to have in battle. Now follow me, you should meet the rest of the herd." they said before starting to walk off

"Hey wait up, I didn't get your name!" Liam mentioned as they started to follow after them.

"Fawn."