Chapter 12

• Izuku's POV •

I let out a small smile when Matcha comes next to me and sits down which catches Ochako's attention. "Hello, will you give me a handshake?" she asked, bending over towards Matcha. She held out her hand for him and he gave her his paw which was a moment of silence. She smiles brightly and starts petting Matcha's head then praises him, "Oh my god, you're so smart! You're so adorable, yes, you are!" Her outburst surprised me a little as she continues to pet Matcha excessively.

I clear my throat and it catches her attention so she stops petting him and turns toward me. "What? I love animals. Is there a problem, Midoriya?" Ochako burst out, as I shook my head. "No need to get offended, Girly. I'm glad you love animals." The twins suddenly start giggling so we turn to them and see them looking at Matcha. They probably want to get a closer look at him so I crouch down to his level and say, "Matcha, be gentle." Matcha sniffs the twins while they let out a toothless smile and stretch their arms out.

Matcha licks the twins' hands as they giggle loudly then an idea comes up. "Hey Ochako, how about coming inside my house?" I suggested, turning to her. She ponders for a moment and answers, "Yeah, I guess that could work. Does your house have baby stuff?" I shook my head and stood up then said, "Okay, I'll get the things and come back." I nodded as she left so I stood up and headed inside with the twins in my arms. Matcha follows behind and then shuts the door for me.

I place the twins on the soft living room carpet and a few minutes pass when there's a knock on the door. Matcha starts barking at the door as I look through the peephole and see Ochako standing there. I open the door and see her carrying the twins' things effortlessly but I let her inside and then close the door behind her. "Do you want something to drink?" I offered, as she set the things down. "Yeah, sure. Thank you." I go into the kitchen and start brewing mint tea for the two of us then after a few minutes, I come back with two teacups.

"Here, it's mint tea. It'll help you relax."

"Thank you so much, Midoriya! I needed something to help me relax."

"You're welcome, Girly. You looked stressed when you knocked on my door so I thought tea would help you relax."

"You're sweet, Midoriya... It's hard to take care of a baby especially when there are two of them."

"Hehe, got a crush on me already, Girly?"

She blushes crimson while looking surprised and sputters, "In y-your d-dreams, i-idiot! Why did you focus on the first thing I said?!" I chuckle at her outburst which made her more flustered as she covered her face with her long hair. "How cute of you, hiding your red face. Very adorable," I teased, patting her head. She quickly gets up from the sofa and glares at me still looking flustered which makes me want to add more fuel to her flame. I tried not to smile but couldn't hold it back so I let out a goofy and it made Ochako more furious.

She sits back down and starts drinking the mint tea then lets out a sigh, feeling relaxed after drinking the tea. "This tea is amazing. I feel the stress and anger wash away," she complimented, setting the cup down on the coffee table. "Boo, you're no fun. But I'm glad the tea helped." I sit next to her and start drinking my cup of tea, I feel relaxed the second I drink the tea then remember something important. I set my cup down and got up from the sofa to set up the portable crib that Ochako brought then went to pick up the twins and place them in the crib.

I turn around and see Ochako looking confused, then I hold up my hand and say, "Wait for it, I have an idea." I walk over to a window and pull a ukulele that's hidden behind a curtain then I walk back to the sofa. "Are you going to play the ukulele? Why?" she asked, admiring my ukulele. "What do you think I'm going to do, Girly?" I start tuning the ukulele when she asks, "Are you going to play for the twins?" I nodded and continued tuning the ukulele until I finished tuning it, I started counting and then began playing.

(Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)
(Cover by Patrick Carroll)

After I finished playing, I turned toward Ochako and caught a glimpse of her sleeping so I set the ukulele down and then stood up to stretch my limbs when I saw the twins sleeping peacefully in their crib. I turn my attention back to Ochako and notice her frown a little in her sleep. "She must be uncomfortable with her uniform on," I mumbled, trying not to wake her up. I quietly went upstairs to my room and went through my drawers then found a navy blue T-shirt and black drawstring shorts. I go back downstairs with the clothes in hand, that's when I realize something.

After a couple of hours, I found the kitten hiding inside a box in my room so I started feeding by the bottle when I heard noises coming from Ochako. She quickly opens her eyes and sits up then turns toward the twins only to see them sleeping peacefully as I remain quiet. "I see that you're awake now," I spoke up, still feeding the kitten. She lets out a gasp making me look up and see her blushing while looking down at her clothes. She turns to me and stutters, "D-did you c-change my c-clothes?"

I replied, "Yeah, I did. You looked uncomfortable so I changed your clothes but don't worry I didn't see anything, I blindfolded myself." Ochako sighs in relief then see the kitten in my arms being fed and ask, "Where did the kitten come from?" I let out a sigh and responded, "She was hiding in my room. Here, hold her." I hand her the kitten since she finished her bottle and she receives her without question then asks, "What's her name, Midoriya?" I smile and reply, "Her name is Clove as in the spice."

• A Week Later •

I make my way to the classroom and hear Mr. Aizawa's muffled voice through the door announcing something so I open the door interrupting Mr. Aizawa's announcement. I quickly made my way to my seat and sat down before he could say anything to me but he let out a long sigh and continued, "As I was saying, the sports festival is coming up soon but it'll be different than before." There's a moment of silence then someone raises their hand and asks, "Do we get to use our quirks during the sports festival?"

"... Yes, you get to use your quirks."