CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE| Firebomb

WRITTEN: April 27 - May 1, 2022
EDITED: June 25, 2022

1

"Call the cops," Jackson ordered.

            "No," Stiles said.

            "What do you mean, 'no'?"

            "I mean no.  You want to hear it in Spanish?  No," Stiles replied with a dramatic Spanish accent.  "Look, Derek killed three people, okay?"  He glanced at Scott who was pacing.  "We don't know what he's armed with."

            "Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department," Jackson said.  "Call him."

            "I'm calling," Lydia said, locking her phone.

            "No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec..." Stiles said, reaching for her phone.  Jackson pushed him away.

Scott placed his hand on Jackson's chest.  "Hey."

"Yes, we're at Beacon Hills High School," Lydia said into her phone, her voice shrill.  "We're trapped, and we need you to... But..."  She lowered her phone.  "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison said.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school.  She said if I called again they they're gonna trace it and have me arrested."

"Okay, then call again," Allison said.

"No, they won't trace a cell," Stiles said.  "And they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

"What the... What... What is this?" Allison stuttered, covering her face with her hands.  "Why does Derek want to kill us?  Why is he killing anyone?"

Stiles looked at Scott again, the other three followed.

"Why's everyone looking at me?" Scott exclaimed.

"Is he the one that sent her the text?" Lydia asked.

"No," Scott replied.  "I mean, I don't know."

"Is he the one that called the police?" Allison questioned.

"I don't know!" Scott yelled.  Allison glared at him and turned around.

"All right," Stiles started, patting Scott's shoulder, "why don't we ease back on the throttle here, yeah?"  He led him towards the back of the classroom, away from the others.  "Okay, first off, throwing Derek under the bus, nicely done."

"I didn't know what to say," Scott defended.  "I had to say something.  And if he's dead then it doesn't matter, right?  Except, if he's not."  Scott sighed.  "Oh, God, I totally just bit her head off."

"And she'll totally get over it," Stiles assured.  "Bigger issues at hand here, like how do we get out alive?"

"But we are alive," Scott stated.  "It could've killed us already.  It's like it's cornering us or something."

"So what, he wants to eat us all at the same time?"

"No!  Derek said it wants revenge."

"Against who?"

"Allison's family?" Scott suggested.

"Maybe that's what the text was about," Stiles said as Scott shot him a confused look.  "Someone had to send it."

"Okay, assheads," Jackson yelled.  "New plan.  Stiles calls his useless dad and tells him to send someone with a gun and decent aim.  Are we good with that?"