22-Where's Nick?

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't be here but Nick told me you'd only come back in a couple of days...I...I think I should go..." Blaine rambled while handing Kurt the guitar.

Kurt turned to him and asked just above a whisper "Where's Nick?"

Blaine hardly heard him. "In my dorm. Jeff and Nick decided to be there but then I came earlier than they thought and like I didn't want to disturb, Nick let me stay here because he thought you wouldn't come for a couple more days..." he explained having trouble speaking because of how fast he was doing so. He took a moment to look at the boy in front of him. He didn't look upset. He looked disappointed and tired. He was wearing an oversized hoodie with some skulls on it, some black ripped skinny jeans and his remarkable soldier black books. Kurt walked to the guitar holder and put his instrument down. Blaine watched him without saying a word. The blue-eyed one then flopped on his bed on his back just behind the other boy.

"Are you okay?" The short one asked sitting leg crossed and turning to make eye contact with Kurt. He didn't reply at first. He only looked up at him and closed his eyes after. "It doesn't matter,really. I'm tired but I also need my friend. But instead I'm here...with you while Nick is making out with his guy in his dorm...wait did any of them already make the first move?" He raised an eyebrow and opened an eye waiting for an answer.

"Yes. They're boyfriends but no one knows besides me...and now you."

Kurt smiled. Which made Blaine also smile.

"Kurt?"

"That's my name."

"I don't know what to say exactly. I just wanna make sure you're okay."

"Why would you want that?" He questioned but it didn't sound like sarcasm. It sounded like he genuinely wanted to know.

"Because everyone deserves to be fine." Blaine stated "Was that the reason that you were away?

"No." Kurt simply said.

"Was something that happened when you were away?

"You're asking too many questions,Blaine."

He said his name. Kurt said Blaine's name.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Perhaps it's too soon for that. Or not. I know almost nothing about you. I only know your mom and-"

"Can everybody just, like, stop talking about my mom or something? I'm not her. I don't want to be reminded of just her son!" Kurt quickly sat up and put his head in his arms frustratingly.

Blaine got out of bed scared and apologised "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that. I know you're not just her son. You're...you're a good person yourself."

"If I was a good person I wouldn't have deserved what I went through. Twice."

"What are you talking about?" Blaine instantly regretted asking that because of maybe being too much.

"My brother passed away..." the tall boy was freezed in desolation and couldn't talk without feeling tears and sobs wanting to come out. He tried to keep it all inside but this was too much.

"I'm sure you've been hearing this a lot but I'm sorry..."

"If you know I'm hearing this a lot then don't say it!"

"I...I just..I just don't know what I'm supposed to say..."

"I'm so tired of feeling this...this feeling...uhg I guess you're not the only one who doesn't know what to say..."

"Then don't say anything. You should rest. This type of things are emotionally draining and by consequence physically as well."

The short one sat on the other boy's side who was now hugging a pillow and turned to the wall so his pained expression wouldn't be shown.

However Blaine didn't need to see his face to feel his pain. Blaine was just standing up when he felt two arms pulling him down and closer. He paralyzed. For moments he thought that Kurt was gonna attack him or something but then he relaxed when he felt the boy's head on his shoulder. He felt Kurt's cold skin on his. He closed his eyes. He felt something even colder on his cheek. Kurt's tears running down both their faces. He cleaned them with his thumb. He whispered comforting words until they both fell asleep not noticing that the door opened silently.