69-Fix You

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed

When you get what you want, but not what you need

When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse..."

After Hunter's performance, Kurt decided to take the opportunity to go next mainly because Blaine was there.

"...Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you..."

They both always knew that singing was a foolproof way to get each other's attention. They made eye contact. Kurt's eyes were the bluest Blaine had ever seen. It was like they held a thousand silent thoughts and another thousand of unspoken feelings and they both knew it was it all about.

"...And high up above, or down below

When you're too in love to let it go

But if you never try, you'll never know

Just what you're worth..."

The tall boy was singing like no one else was in the room with them and Blaine was listening to every word,stuck in this moment.

"...Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

Tears stream down your face, and I..."

Kurt gulped before the last chorus.

"...Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you"

They could not hear all the clapping around them or the council congratulating the singer.

-

"Hey."

"Hi." Kurt responded. That was their first word exchange in days. After rehearsal he tried to see if the boy didn't get out first. Surprisingly he didn't need to because he saw him sitting on a couch,waiting for everybody to get out. "I've been thinking of a million things to say to you these last few days but now I cannot think of one to start with." Blaine was still with that jacket. "You look cute with it."

"Thank you." Blaine replied with big eyes and internally happy that he was on speaking terms again with his own boyfriend. "Sit with me?"

"Sure." The tall boy sat next to him and raised his arm. Blaine watched him silently and then fell against the other one's chest. "Wanna talk?" He felt a nod sideways where the boy's head was so he just hugged closer and passed a hand through his free curls. For some minutes, they just felt the need to feel close to each other. To feel each other's breaths. To leave little kisses here and there on each other's bodies.

"I missed being close to you." The hazel eyed one broke the silence. "But I just couldn't bring myself to feel too much."

"I get it,Blaine." Kurt said,putting his chin on his boyfriend's head. "But you can't be like this forever. It's not healthy."

"Hunter already gave me THE speech about it." Blaine said between chuckles. "And he was right. I didn't like to feel you so distant and you all didn't deserve that I had turned my back on you for these last days."

"It is impossible that it happened without a reason."

Blaine sat up, crossed his legs and took some deep breaths. He could tell this to Kurt. He would not judge him or laugh about it. He would hold him close and dry his tears afterwards.

Kurt turned himself sideways so he could look at Blaine's serious face. He didn't want to force him to speak if he didn't want to. They were boyfriends after all and that meant he supported, respected and above all loved him no matter what.

"My dad came to visit me." He stuttered. Kurt's first instinct was to put his hand on Blaine's knee so he has the strength to continue. "I already knew the kind of conversation he wanted to have...but I just couldn't pretend that I was someone else just to please him..." The thoughts that he's been trying to put on a well locked chest deep down his brain were once again, reaching the surface. The feelings that he wanted to feel the least were taking over him again.

The only difference is that now, he had Kurt. He placed his head against the couch behind them and like he couldn't hold anymore, a couple of tears ran down his face. "But I would rather be myself around the family you,me and the guys are than please someone just because we share one last name and even though it took me some days and a conversation with Hunter to understand it, I finally do."

Kurt was trying not to cry, first of sympathy but now of relief. "I'm glad it took you just a few days to understand what took me months." He blurted out with a shaky breath.

They both stood up and simultaneously hugged each other as if nothing could ever tear them apart.

"I love you,Blaine." Kurt exclaimed when they parted.

Blaine took his boyfriend's face in his hands. "I love you too,Kurt." He retrieved it with as much love.