71-On Top Of The World

Blaine arrived at the door of Sebastian and Trent's dorm and knocked.

"Hi, Blaine!" Trent exclaimed as he opened the door. "I'm so glad you're back! What happened?"

"Oh...just some stuff I thought I had to deal with alone." He shrugged it out "But I'm back and it feels good to be with the blazer again."

"Even though Kurt wouldn't stop commenting on how handsome you looked with that jacket." Trent commented.

Blaine blushed at the thought. His boyfriend said he looked cute with it but he didn't know he liked it so much. He looked at his friend and then at the dorm's number and suddenly remembered the reason to be there. "Is Sebastian in the dorm? I need to talk with him..." He was a bit scared because, come on...it's Sebastian. Everyone is scared of him even now. The short boy was really sorry for what he had said to the meerkat and it only felt right to apologise but he didn't know what the boy's reaction would be. He could be mad or he could just not want to talk with him or worse...his thoughts were interrupted when the round-faced boy said something he didn't hear and walked past him to go downstairs. He looked through the half opened door and the tall boy was in fact there so he stepped in silently.

Sebastian was putting on his shoes when Blaine greeted him silently so he looked up and said. "No long time no talk,midget. What do you want?"

The boy at the door looked at the other one and then at his coffee and gulped before mumbling "I wanted to talk with you...about what I said in the yellow chair room." He watched the boy as he stood up from the bed and stopped in front of him. He eyed the cup that was handed to him "I asked Hunter what your favourite coffee was."

"Do you think that giving me coffee is gonna erase what you said in my head?!" He sniffed the cup. "Is this spiked...with memory loss medication or something?" Sebastian asked as he took the lid off.

He was making the conversation harder for Blaine who tried to convince himself that the boy was always like this. "I'm sorry about what I said." he spat as Sebastian sat again on the bed and as he was taking one sip of the cup he raised one eyebrow so the short boy continued sitting on the opposite bed. "I shouldn't have said that. I was not in the right state of mind and you didn't deserve to hear it."

What Blaine was saying was nothing new to Sebastian, at least that was what Hunter tried to convince him to. However no matter how much his boyfriend and himself tried to convince him of that, it still hurt a bit. "Do you really believe in what you said?" He asked quietly.

"No. I don't,Sebastian. It's quite the opposite actually. I'm so happy that you're getting better. You still have your mocking moments and a personality not everyone gets but you're not trying to be the villain anymore and we all love you...just like that." Blaine reassured his friend walking to him and putting his hands on the boy's shoulders.

"God,y'all are so cheesy!" Sebastian said, trying not to grin. He was happy that he was becoming part of this group of guys. He had a boyfriend who understood, respected,supported and overall all loved him. He finally started to get along with his roommate instead of tormenting him and he loved his teammates that he was silently proud to call friends. "But thanks for apologising but more importantly for the second opportunity you all gave me." He stood up and Blaine took his arms out of his shoulders. "And I would be a jerk, more than I am normally, if I didn't give you one as well. "

"So does that mean I'm forgiven?" He asked dramatically with big eyes.

"Don't make me change my mind,little guy!" Sebastian teased,crossing his arms but with a big smile. He noticed that Blaine was opening his arms. "No...first Kurt now you..."

"Come on!" Blaine insisted, closing and opening his hands. "Bring it in."

Sebastian looked at him and before he could have one more thought about it his arms were going up and his feet stepping forward. "If you tell anyone that this happened, I take back everything I just said."

-

"If you love somebody

Better tell them why they're here 'cause

They just may run away from you

You'll never know what went well

Then again it just depends on

How long of time is left for you..."

It was finally time for the last number which, as expected, was by Nick and David. The dark-haired boy was the first one to sing and then they all sang the chorus together.

"...'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey

I'm on top of the world, 'ey

Waiting on this for a while now

Paying my dues to the dirt

I've been waiting to smile, 'ey

Been holding it in for a while, 'ey

Take it with me if I can

Been dreaming of this since a child

I'm on top of the world..."

Nick felt in fact on top of the world, when he looked to his side and Jeff was there singing with them. He held the boy's hand.

"...I've tried to cut these corners

Try to take the easy way out

I kept on falling short of something

I coulda gave up then but

Then again I couldn't have 'cause

I've travelled all this way for something

Now take it in but don't look down..."

David was singing with a big smile on his face as he thought of everything they have accomplished. He looked at his best friend, Wes who smiled proudly not only because of him but because of them all.

"...'Cause I'm on top of the world, 'ey

I'm on top of the world, 'ey

Waiting on this for a while now

Paying my dues to the dirt

I've been waiting to smile, 'ey

Been holding it in for a while, 'ey

Take it with me if I can

Been dreaming of this since a child

I'm on top of the world"

From two clubs they became one. From five boys that loved singing they were now ten. All different and unique yet so unified and equally happy to have each other.