73-Home

Kurt was looking at the hand that held the home's keys. Blaine was right behind him with a hand on his shoulder. He collected some courage with the help of a kiss on the cheek from his boyfriend and opened the door.

"I'm home!" he screamed and looked at Blaine who was still at the door. "C'mon,dear. They don't bite."

They were both finally in and as Kurt turned to close the door his dad appeared in front of Blaine.

"Hey buddy,you're back!" His dad said as soon as his son turned to look. The short one quickly stepped aside and Burt brought his son for a rib-crushing hug that almost put him off the ground. "It's so good to see you back. Did the school year already end or..."

"No,dad. But almost." He reassured his dad. He noticed that the man was looking at Blaine and then at him questionably. "Dad,this is Blaine." He dragged the now shy boy by the shoulders so he could be in front of him. Blaine gulped in fear, he believed in what Kurt had said about his dad being an amazing man but that was exactly why he didn't want to disappoint any of them. "Blaine, this is my dad."

"Nice to meet you,kid!" He offered a hand to shake.

Blaine raised his shaky hand up and managed to say "Nice to meet you too,sir."

"You use sir in the military. Call me Burt."

"Okay,Burt!" He relaxed and shook his hand firmly.

"So what brings you here,Kurt?" Burt called as they followed the man to the kitchen. "Coffee?"

"Yes,dad. For both." His son responded as he and his boyfriend sat on the kitchen table. "I'm here because I didn't have decent clothes to go on a date with him. He is..." He brought Blaine closer by the shoulders "...my boyfriend."

Burt looked at the short boy and at his son a couple of times and then said "I'm happy for you,kid."

Blaine gave Kurt a kiss on the cheek and held his free hand on the table. "You will probably not stay so long today but I hope you two can come someday to have dinner with us. Since Finn died, we have been missing some young energy in this house."

The blue eyed boy eyed his dad and threw him a sad smile. He then looked at his boyfriend. Blaine was looking at him as if he wanted to talk with him in private. "Dad?" Kurt called. "I'm going to my room."

They walked up some stairs and Blaine got asked to sit on the bed while Kurt tried to remember how he used to organise his clothes. "Your dad seems very nice."

"I told you." He stopped to look at his boyfriend. "But I noticed that there's something bothering you."

"I've noticed how much you had missed him and I don't understand the reason you never come home and now that you're here, wouldn't you like to stay a little longer?" Blaine asked thoughtfully. "I mean our date can wait."

"I want to stay here longer and once I'm here I don't even know why I never did this earlier but I wouldn't want to make you feel aside or anything. You don't mind?" He rambled and gestured frantically with his hands. "I really wouldn't for-"

Blaine walked up to Kurt and pressed his lips against the boy's. "I wouldn't have asked if I did,would I?" Kurt only buried his face on the short one's neck and hugged him close. "Let's go tell him."

They went down the stairs and found Burt sitting on the couch watching football. The man felt their presence so he said "Have fun,kids." and then he looked at Kurt. He was in the same clothes as before.

"We decided to stay a little longer. I missed you and I also want you to get to know Blaine better." He exclaimed with a smile looking to his dad and then to Blaine.

"That's great!" His dad exclaimed while getting up to hug both of them. The short one was a bit taken by surprise but did nothing against it because he actually liked to feel involved. "How long are you going to stay?"

"We were thinking if you would let us stay the weekend so we could be with you today and then have our date tomorrow." Kurt suggested with a captivating smile.

Burt pondered it for a few seconds. "Okay, but with one condition."

Before the man could finish, his son spat fastly. "Both fully clothed and the door stays open overnight."

"Yes." His dad affirmed with a smile. He loved that Kurt was growing up and becoming a respectful man. "So what do you want to do,kids?"

"I'm going to cook because I'm tired of eating food that I don't cook." Kurt quickly said,already walking towards the kitchen.

Blaine and Burt were left behind and the short one asked "You also cook?" more to himself than to the boy.

"Yes,he does,kid. And very well actually." The man responded, pushing him gently to the kitchen so they could all talk while the blue eyed one cooked.

"Dad, why is nothing organised in the correct way?" his son complained as soon as they walked in "Or in any way for that matter?"

"I just use the things,clean them and then put them where there's space to put them." Burt responded casually and his son only rolled his eyes. He needed to organise everything before starting to cook.