Chapter 7: A Girl's Day Out- Part 1/2

Alex and and I drove (in her car) to a mall called the Eaton Centre (apparently her favorite mall in Montreal), rocking out to Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' the whole way. When we got to the mall, I realized that I still had Mitch's phone... I guess I forgot to give it back to him.

"Dang it!" I said loudly. "What's the matter Sam?" Alex asked, looking at me with concern. "Oh, it's just that I borrowed Mitch's phone yesterday to call my parents and I forgot to give it back to him." She cocked her head to the side. "How did you forget to give it back? Weren't you with him for the whole night?"

I shrugged. "And I thought that you went into his room just to give him his phone back." She said. I shrugged again."That was the plan, but we ended up talking till 1 am, So I didn't really get a chance."

"Oh well," She said. "Too late now!" I nodded. "I guess so, but I feel bad for taking his phone." She raised her eyebrows at me. "I'm sure he can survive a day without his phone, Sam." I looked at my feet. "Yeah, I guess he'll be okay." She nodded. "For sure! He'll be fine! And besides, he has Xander to entertain him." I nodded, but still felt kinda guilty. "Sam, I can tell that you feel guilty." I blushed, feeling embarrassed.

"It's just that, I feel bad that I took his phone." She groaned over dramatically. "Finnnneee. Just text Xander and tell him to tell whatever you want to say to Mitch. That way, we can have a good time without you feeling guilty the whole time." I grinned and took his phone out. I liked that idea.

His phone case was a dark blue color and it didn't have a password on it. I scrolled through his contacts and clicked on Xander's. His contact name was 'Xander my Bae'. I rolled my eyes at it but it was hard not to smile. I then texted him and said:

'Hey, Xander it's Sam. Can u get Mitch 4 me??'

He responded instantly.

@Xander_My_Bae: 'What, u couldn't wait 2 talk 2 ure lover before u got home??'

I turned beet red.

'Shut up and get Mitch on here!'

@Xander_My_Bae: 'Ok, ok! But I ship it, Sitch for life!'

I rolled my eyes at him. He was so childish!

'Get me Mitch u moron!'

@Xander_My_Bae: 'Hey! There's no need 4 name calling, I'll get Mitch now.'

'Bye Xander.'

@Xander_My_Bae: 'Bye Sam. And tell Alex to not buy to much!'

I turned to Alex. "He said not to buy too much." She rolled her eyes. Then, Mitch texted me back.

@Xander_My_Bae: 'Hey phone thief! It's Mitch.'

'Hey, I didn't mean 2 take ur phone!'

@Xander_My_Bae: 'Ik Sam, I was kidding. Keep it as long as u want.'

That made my heart flutter. He was such a sweet guy, he was willing to give up his phone for me.

'No, it's yours! That's really sweet of u, I meant to give it to u last night, but I forgot. I'm really sorry :( '

@Xander_My_Bae: 'No really, it's ok. Now go shop! U can't keep borrowing Alex's clothes forever!'

I chuckled.

'Ok, but 1 more question...'

@Xander_My_Bae: 'Yesssss??????'