Chapter 16: Sneaking around

Hey guys, I got really motivated when Gotta_Luv_Newt (shout out to you if you're reading this!) said that my book was wonderful, so I decided to update!

That seriously made me SUPER happy that someone was actually reading this, so FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER I AM UPDATING! Sorry, frozen reference... and I wonder why no one reads my book :(

Cue the feeling bad for myself music... But enough about me, here's an update for all of (or any of) you lovely readers!

*Also the picture above is what I had kinda imagined Xander and Alex's shared room would look like.*

~~SAM'S P.O.V.~~

When Mitch finished telling his story, I had mixed emotions. Angry at his father (whom I didn't even know, but hated already), sadness for Mitch and his family, confusion (Mitch made Holly out to be SO NICE) and plenty of other emotions that I couldn't even explain.

Mitch was in tears at some points, but he just kept on talking through it. At some points I, was even in tears. How could this happen to someone? It was kind of like the Olivia situation, it wasn't fair at all.

But I guess life isn't fair sometimes, and tragedy brings people together. That's how Mitch and I relate anyways, even if I haven't told him about what happened to my family.

Even though he just told me everything, from how you could clearly tell he liked Holly when he first saw her, to how he liked having green tea with his next door neighbor Mrs Chang, I still wasn't ready to tell him everything.

I'm afraid it would chase him away.

I know, I know... a strange thought. But most guys don't like girls who are broken inside, they figure we're too much work and don't want to get tangled up into all of that.

I mean I don't blame them sometimes, but it doesn't make me think of them as cowards any less. The truth is, most girls (or guys) that have gone through something awful, are actually stronger in my opinion.

That means that yes they have gone through a tragedy, but they have probably loved whoever (or whatever) they lost dearly too. That means that they have experienced what it feels like to love someone!

They know how amazing it feels and yes, how awful it is to lose them too. Believe me, I would know. But like I said before, in my opinion most people that have gone through a tragedy, are stronger than your average person.

"Sam?" Mitch looked at me and asked with a quiet voice. "Do you hate me for not telling you sooner?"

I gulped. Oh man, now this made me feel bad about not telling him about my loss in the family.

I shook my head really fast and spoke faster than I should have.

"Nope, not at all. I mean, I don't think I could ever hate you Mitch! Or anyone else could ever hate you. You're a super nice guy, you're funny, smart, not afraid to let your feelings out, cute, muscular, did I mention cute..."

I trailed off when I realized that I was rambling and most likely embarrassing myself.

My face went red when there was an awkward silence, until Mitch started smiling at me, as if he had just really thought about what I had said.

"Hmmmm," he pretended to stroke an imaginary beard. "You think I'm cute?" He asked. I blushed and pursed my lips, not saying anything.

"Aw come on Sam! If it means anything to you... I think you're pretty cute too."

I raised my eyebrows at him. Was he just saying that to get me to admit that I thought he was cute? Or did he actually think I was cute?

I didn't know, after all, the only boy I've ever dated was Max, and I don't think he should count as a boy. He was more of a cocky pig than anything else, to be completely honest with you.