☆ prelude

THAT'S MY SPOTLIGHT

EXTENDED DESCRIPTION

Seventeen-year-old Inez Archer has unfading passion and love for music. Ever since she was a young child, she found it as an easy way to express her feelings and emotions. When she re-meets Alexander Choi, a rival of hers since middle school, she's willing to compete for the spotlight, no matter what obstacles may get in the way. 

Alexander himself also has passion for music, although, unlike Inez, he discovered his talent a few years prior to senior year. He finds singing as his way of coping with trauma from his past. But just like Inez, he is willing to keep the spotlight for himself, which causes fire between the two. Their plans may seem easy at first but being in the same mixed chorus class may make their plans more difficult than they should be. 

When the unlikely pair are forced to work together in certain situations, their fire becomes more fueled than it should be. Their dynamics and burning feelings for each other may change as things heat up — but the two rivals realize that they must rely on each other for the sake of the choir. The heat between them may settle down for once, but in a completely different way that none of them originally expected. 

EPIGRAPH

❝ alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ❞

— hellen keller

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey cutie! thank you so much for clicking on my story. i am forever grateful to have the support of you all. please note that this story is a spin-off of my completed novel, Behind the Books. there will be no spoilers from that story & the same could be said for this one if you read it, but you don't have to read my other stories to understand this story. 

as a woman of color, i like to make it my top priority to represent people of color. based on the story tags, you've probably also noticed that this is an ambw (asian man x black woman) story. a lot of ambws on wattpad are k-pop fanfictions, but not this one. this is not a fanfic, i repeat, this is not a fanfic. this is an original story, so please refrain from referencing fandoms and whatnot. i appreciate your cooperation :)

having that said, i would like to make it clear that my main character's rival is korean. i'm not korean myself, nor am i a part of the aapi community, so i'm trying to represent the culture in the best way I can. i do not wish to offend anyone or be viewed as ignorant, so i apologize in advance for any issues or mistakes i might make. feel free to correct me becuase i am truly willing to learn.