05

Haas knows to fucking talk, and talk he does. Class ends in two minutes and the old man hasn't stopped talking since the bell rang. My head is nodding off as I grip my mechanical pencil in my hands. Nia wasn't here today so I haven't really had anything to focus on. Cringey, I know, but whatever.

I'm almost asleep when the bell rings, and the scurrying of chairs echoes in my ears. Thank GOD! I thought that class was going to last forever. Freaking kms! I sling my Nike backpack over my shoulder and walk towards the door. "Thank you!" I say to Haas as I leave, a habit I've had since elementary.

"Wassup sleepyhead!' Jaime jumps on me, slinging his arms over my shoulder. I glare at him and give him a tired sigh. "Ah what's wrong loverboy, mad cause you girlfriend ain't here?" He asks in a teasing voice. I shrug him off and rub the top of my eyelids. "No dipshit, I pulled an all nighter studying for the ap calc test." I groan as I rub my hands down my face. I literally didn't get a wink of sleep, and I am never doing that shit again.

You always hear about movies and shit about kids pulling all-nighters and all they survive off of the next day is a large ass cup of coffee. But it's nearly noon, and I've had two cups and I still feel like dying.

"Joon you know damn well you don't have to study as much as you do. You could pass that fucking test with your eyes close." Jaime says confidently as we walk down the stairs to the lunch room. I wave my hand in dismissal. "Yeah , yeah, yeah, whatever you say. All I know is that if I don't come after this year with a 3.5 to 4.0 I'm getting disowned." My parents are crazy when it comes to grades. They have me involved in nearly every extracurricular activity, hoping one of them could get me scholarships to some college. Which is alright and all, but what happens if I get into college with scholarships in tennis. I fucking hate tennis, so I get into college, fuck it off and there goes my college career. Sometimes the things my family does aren't practical. They think I'm going to be the next Einstein or the fucking president. Harping on me about being a doctor, or a lawyer or some stuck up, dick in the ass tech guy.

When in reality I want to be a filmmaker. It has always been a dream of mine, ever since I saw that first stop motion when I was 6. Since then I have loved creators like Tim Burton or that other guy who helped him with James in the giant peach.

But my parents won't accept that. It's not prestigious enough. It won't get them bragging rights back in our home country. My mom won't be able to say "I went to America and raised a genius son. Suck it auntie!" Ma just wants bragging rights. All her family told her it was a bad idea to move to America when she was younger. But like me my ma is bullheaded, and went anyway, fully convinced that she was going to prove her family wrong.

So in order to bring "honor" to my family I have to become the korean elon musk. "Damn you look like shit!" I look up from my phone as I see my cousin, Ana, staring back at me. She has always lived with my family, so in reality she's like my sister. We pretty much grew up as siblings, borderline fucking twins. My aunt is sick and a single mother, so my ma asked if Ana could come live with us when we turned 8. She's been here ever since.

"Shut the hell up." I grumble as I pick at the horrid school lunch in front of me. "What crawled up your ass and died." I scoff but she plops down next to me. "His girlfriend didn't come to class today." Jaime snickers as he scans the lunchroom. Ana's eyes pop out of socket at Jaime's words. "Girlfriend?! Why didn't I know that you had a girlfriend!" She begins to ramble asking me a million questions at once. What does she look like? Is she older than you? Is she younger than you? How did y'all meet? And the list goes on.

"She's not my girlfriend." She suddenly dies down and nods her head knowingly. "Ah so you have a crush." She grins at me childishly so I just wave her off. "He's always stalking her in physics." Eddy chimes in. "Fuck off ed!" They all begin to laugh and I just roll my eyes at their antics.

"Anywho enough about you and your sad love story." Thank you Ana. It's like without trying to change the subject, I think she could tell I was uncomfortable. "So there's this girl in my Ap studio class, she is so fucking gorgeous! She wears the cutest clothes, and her nails are always adorable. But she doesn't even know it! She's so bashful, I could just eat her up." My sister came out as bi about a year ago, and her creepy ass has fully embraced it. I can't go a day without hearing all the inappropriate comments she makes about the girls in her classes.

"We sit next to each other and-" My mind completely blanks. So she was here after all. I see her walking into the lunch room, lunch bag in hand. Today she's wearing a cotton candy pink crop top, with light blue washed jeans. Her twists are going down her back, and from the looks of it she curled them. Her signature giant gold hoops in her ears, with heavy clear lip gloss on her full pouty lips.

"There she is!" Ana gasps loudly. She suddenly spins around and waves frantically. My eyes widen as Ana beckons her over and she begins to walk in our direction. She gives us her beautiful smile as she stands next to Ana. "Guys this is my friend, Nia Mae." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longer chapter....*shrugs*

Vote, Comment,Share

Thank U ;)