Ch. 5

Nini hummed quite happily to herself as she brushed the tangles out of her hair, getting ready to run a straightener through her long locks. Try as she might, she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She had a date with Elliot tonight.

Ah, Elliot.

She sighed dreamily as she thought about how the night would go. Elliot said he'd pick her up in the hotels lobby at seven. It was six thirty now. He was going to be here in half an hour, and she didn't know what to wear yet.

She sashayed from the bathroom to the central part of her suite, dancing as if she were Cinderella.

Only, she couldn't dance.

And she wasn't Cinderella.

Nini had only brought two dresses on this trip. A teal skater dress for formal outings and whatnot, and a champagne colored sequined t-shirt style dress, obviously to be used for another formal event.

She put on her teal skater dress that ran down to just above her knee, and decided she'd try her best to match her eyeshadow to the color of her dress. She wasn't the best at doing makeup, that usually being Kourtney's department, but Kourtney had plans with her buddy so Nini settled on doing it herself.

Not too shabby... she thought to herself when she finished applying her makeup. She snapped a quick picture to Kourtney to get approval and to make sure it wasn't over the top. She smiled proudly when Kourtney responded that her makeup looked incredible.

The brunette picked out a white jean jacket to match her teal blue dress. She settled on wearing her all white vans instead of heels A) because she's clumsy and doesn't want to make a full of herself on her first date with the man of her dreams, and B) she was certain they wouldn't be going anywhere over the top. Nini sighed happily. Everything was falling into place nicely.

She moved to put a different set of earrings in when her phone rang suddenly. She picked it up and answered without checking who was calling.

She twirled a piece of hair in her hand. "Hello?"

"Neeners!" Kourtney's voice came over the line. Nini smiled as she twirled in front of her mirror.

Doing so only reminded her of earlier when Ricky had twirled her around and almost made her throw up.

"Oh my gosh, Kourt! I'm so excited!"

"You're so excited? I'm so excited! My best friend is finally growing up!" She hollered at her. Nini laughed out loud, covering her mouth with her hand. When she laughed too hard it came out like snorts.

"Give me all the details, Neeners! I wanna know everything!" Kourt laughed. "Don't leave anything out, especially if the two of you do the-"

"Oh my god, Kourt!" Nini shouted, cutting her best friend off. "I'm 100% sure that's definitely not happening tonight."

"Wow, calm down, Neens. Save that for Elliot." Nini could imagine Kourtney winking at her.

"Yeah, yeah." Nini said, lightly rolling her eyes as she glanced at the clock. "Oh shoot, listen Kourt, I gotta go. Call you later!"

"Go get 'em, tiger!"

"Bye!" Nini couldn't help but laugh at her best friend. She loved Kourt, she really did.

Nini checked her reflection in the mirror once more. She had to admit, she looked good for once. The dress was fitted just right, her makeup was the best she had ever seen herself do it, the jacket and the shoes matched. Everything seemed to be going as she imaged it.

Next step, their wedding.

Nini made her way down to the lobby and smiled when she saw a raven haired boy sitting on the bench scrolling through his phone.