Ch. 9

Nini sighed, not really sure if she should wear flats or heels.

It was the hardest thing she's had to do all day; decide between flats and heels.

She was so indecisive when it came to looking nice. She had such a hard time deciding what to wear. Maybe it was because she realized she liked one thing, but she would look better in the other. Looking nice took so much effort.

That's why you don't do it often, right?

She was wearing her black dress that she was supposed to wear to debate tomorrow. Nini sighed. She had to find something else to wear for her final round the next day.

She finished curling her hair and decided to twist it into a low bun near the base of her neck. She used a few bobby pins to stick everything in place. Then she touched up her makeup again. She did something different from her natural routine. It was a little edgier; medium brown eye shadow, more mascara. She even lined her eyes a little more this time.

Nini dabbed a little strawberry flavored lip gloss on her lips, smacking them together before leaving the washroom.

She already accessorized, too. Her black pea coat was going over top the dress. She had brought a black clutch for special occasions. She threw her belongings in there; room key, wallet, phone, her eyeliner and mascara, and a map of the city. Just in case she had to take a cab home.

She had a hunch she was going to have to get a ride from a taxi today.

Nini stared at her four pairs of shoes on the floor. Her boots, Nike's, flats and debate heels, obviously having to choose between the last two.

She sighed. She was running out of time. The reception was starting at six.

Heels it was.

She quickly slipped on her coat and heels and grabbed her clutch. She looked at herself in the vanity set mirror once before smiling.

Fuck, yeah. I look good.

Nini left her suite, closing the door behind her. She heard the little click and turned around, smack into someone's chest.

Her first instinct was to scream because that scary movie she watched with Kourtney was still lurking around in her thoughts. However, all she did was jerk back. Her recoil was strong enough that her back hit her suite door.

"Geez, what the hell got into you this morning?" Ricky chuckled, raising his eyebrow.

Nini groaned, rubbing the back of her head where she hit the door hard. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it." With that, the conversation was already over.

She sighed, doing a once over of Ricky, which almost turned into a double take. He wore a crisp black suit with an equally dark tie to accompany it. His shirt underneath was white. He was fixing the cuffs of his sleeves and his pants. The suit made his shoulders seem broader and sharper.

As did all suits.

For once his hair didn't look quite as messy. It looked pretty nice, to be honest.

Nini looked away quickly, thinking back to when he asked her to do him this favor.

"What?" Nini exclaimed. "Why—why would you need to lie to your family about having a girlfriend?"

Ricky scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I kind of already lied to them a while ago and said that I had a girlfriend" he said sheepishly. "They wouldn't stop bugging me about getting one. Please. It's only for tomorrow night. And I did say I needed a favor."

"But this?"

"Hey, you're the last person I would've came to if I needed a girlfriend," Ricky rolled his eyes.