Ch. 12

Tw: a bit of sexual harassment towards the end.
*******************************************

Nini watched as Elliot switched from the inner right lane to the outer left.

She glanced at her reflection in the side view mirror. She was wearing a simple knit sweater over her old teal dress she wore on her first date with Elliot. Hopefully, he didn't notice her lack of new attire.

They had just seen a new movie in the theatre and Elliot was driving her home, apparently taking his time at that. He had already missed three turns and stopped for gas at two different stations.

Apparently, it was better for the environment.

Elliot made a lazy left turn at the intersection of the road and continued driving. Was he taking the long way back to the hotel?

"You missed the turn" Nini said after Elliot crossed another intersection.

Elliot frowned, opened his mouth, then closed it. Nini waited for his response. He was silent for so long he ended up making two more turns.

Nini watched as the sky turned dark, storm clouds hovering hesitatingly in the sky.

Nini blinked, feeling a wave of déjà vu wash over her. She sighed, placing a hand on her forehead and groaned silently. She gave Elliot a discreet side glance. "We're not going back to the hotel, are we?"

There was a pause.

"No?" Elliot said sheepishly. He slunk down in the driver's seat a little.

Nini's eyes widened. She glanced at their surroundings before back at him. "What?"

"No." Elliot said more firmly. Nini cocked an eyebrow at him, expecting an answer or an explanation of some sort. She looked at him expectantly.

"No?" She asked, her eyebrow still raised. Elliot kept his eyes on the road, but she could see his knuckles beginning to turn white. After a brief moment of silence, Nini sighed quietly. "Care to explain?"

"Nope, not really." Elliot said. Although it was casual and meant as a joke, Nini felt frustrated.

"Elliot..." she gave him a warning glance. Elliot laughed lightly before over onto the curb in an unfamiliar location not anywhere near the hotel. She frowned and cleared her throat, sliding down in her seat, refusing to take off her seatbelt.

Elliot got out of the car. "If you look to your right," he said, closing the door and cutting off the rest of his sentence. He opened the door for her on the passenger side. "You'll see that we've arrived at a party."

Nini furrowed her eyebrow, still refusing to sit up. As much as she liked Elliot, she really wasn't feeling a party right now.

"I... don't really think that's a good idea," she said regretfully. "You see, I have to study for this Chemistry test I have once I get back to Salt Lake, and I still have an English paper to do, gotta buy a new green highlighte—"

Elliot rolled his eyes and gave her a playful grin. "Come on, Nini. This'll be fun. Besides, I know a few guys that'll hook us up with anything we wanna drink."

"I don't drink."

Elliot smiled patiently. "I mean regular drinks. Free water, juice, soda, milk— I mean if you're into drinking milk at the club, I'm cool with that," Elliot said, totally straight-faced, still holding his hand out to her.

Nini couldn't help but blush at the way he was smiling at her. And even considered letting her drink milk as an option in a club. "Fine," she grumbled sarcastically. She made it clear that she didn't want to be here, yet still got up. She grabbed his soft hands.