C H A P T E R ₀₂

They were rushing past the buildings and city lights at high speed. Whilst the car did drive at a rapid pace, the tempo was nothing in comparison to the speed of Hwanwoong's thoughts flashing through his mind. Although his calm posture didn't give it away, he was absolutely restless. Part of him regretted everything. Regretted that he admitted to this, that he was sitting in this super expensive car right now, that a soap opera was silently playing through the speakers —Okay, to be fair, this one is completely Seoho's fault—, and mostly that he didn't feel entirely guilty.

He couldn't help but smile to himself when he remembered his best friend Keonhee's suggestion, that he should just find himself a sugar daddy and all of his problems would be solved, and Hwanwoong couldn't believe how oddly fitting this situation was to Keonhee's joke.

"That housing block right there, you can let me out in front of it," Hwanwoong said once he recognized the houses they were driving past and the man next to him nodded.

Seoho eventually stopped where Hwanwoong had asked him to and both didn't say a word for a few seconds, eyes glued to the tree the bodyguard parked in front of. Someone save me from this awkward silence.

"Before you leave please fill this in," Seoho broke the silence and handed Hwanwoong a piece of paper and a pen. The smaller perked his eyebrow.

He let his eyes scan over the paper that was the size of a sticky note. "Seriously?" Hwanwoong asked as he read the words 'name', 'address', and 'phone number'.

With a sigh, he filled the information in. He felt like he was under investigation. A bodyguard brought him home, he had to fill in personal information and felt weird in general. This is going to be a lot of fun.

When he got out of the car and managed to wave a semi-polite goodbye to Seoho, his smile immediately dropped once he turned his back to him. Out of curiosity he turned around again and saw how Seoho's eyes didn't leave Hwanwoong for even a second. The male figured that this must be one of his bodyguard duties and didn't question it more, however, he did slightly shake his head at this behavior. That was something he'd probably have to get used to from now on and he wasn't sure if he liked that.

Once on the third floor, he opened the door and shut it close by leaning against it. He breathed in, breathed out, and closed his eyes for a few seconds. Everything that has happened in the past two hours hit him and he banged his head against the door, whining, —You are so silly! Agreeing to marriage? What did you think?!—, He banged his head against the door once more and then pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Keonhee, as soon as you hear this, come over."

Hwanwoong made sure to stress the last two words as strongly as he could before sending the voice message to his best friend, then let himself fall on the sofa. He laid there for fifteen minutes, then thirty, eventually the time hit an hour, and then the doorbell rang. Finally!

The black-haired man walked, no, almost ran to the door, opened it, and walked to the kitchen to get some snacks (because that would definitely not be a short talk), and perked his eyebrow when he heard a knock on the door he purposely left ajar.

"Why are you not coming in?" Hwanwoong yelled, and when he didn't get an answer, he made his way to the door, "Keonhee?"

"Keonhee? That's how fast you forgot my name? I have to admit, I'm a little hurt-"

Hwanwoong widened his eyes, then threw the door shut before the man could even finish his sentence.

What the fuck.

He was still standing there, snacks in one hand, a sprite bottle in the other and he turned left and right. Panic. That was what flooded Hwanwoong's whole body at that moment. He decided to place the things on the table and wiped his face with his hands to calm down from the shock a little.