Chapter 3 -A Helping Hand

A/ N: HOW! I AM NUMBER 15 IN WATCHERS! HOW THE ACTUALL HECK! Anyway, yes I'm late. Yes, this isn't two chapters. Sorry. I've had tech for a show, but I did post the opinions, and I'm working on the first opinion. So yeah. Enjoy the chapter.

TW: Character Death

It had been several years since the first attack, and now the Watcher's army was standing in front of the final dragon. They stared in awe at the beast, for it was truly magnificent.

After a second they shook it off and put up what they called a reality shield. It would block anything from altering reality inside of it. It didn't block anybody from going anywhere, but it did stop the dragons from using their powers.

"Well," Bellum said, "let's go." The army got ready to charge, but just as they were about to a purple force field appeared in front of them. They turned around to see Xelqua with his hands outstretched, a determined look on his face. "What are you doing?" Bellum spat, his words cutting across Xelqua like the knives he used.

"The right thing," responded the older Watcher, "This dragon doesn't need to die. We've killed enough. Let me protect it." He turned to Gem and Aurum, his eyes pleading. "We've killed enough. If this dragon dies, the species is dead. Don't let that happen." Gem nodded.

"I'll help you," he turned to the rest of the gathered Watchers, "Do not harm this dragon. Doing so will result in immediate release from the Watchers." Bellum laughed at this proclamation and, taking advantage of Xelqua's moment of distraction, ran at the dragon. Xelqua whipped around, and, in a moment of panic, shot a bolt of purple magic at Bellum.

It hit him square in the back and he collapsed onto the ground, unmoving. Xelqua ran to him, and when he got there he found him still just lying there. He placed his hand on Bellum's chest and his heart dropped. He was dead. And it was his fault.

He turned to the gathered crowd and shook his head. "Dead," he pronounced, "Bellum has been killed." The uproar that came from the crowd was immense. Several people called for his removal from the Watchers, most calling for some sort of punishment, and one or two called out that he should also be killed. "Can you bring him back?" asked a Watcher. Xelqua shook his head. "You can't reverse Watcher magic. Bellum is dead for good."

The crowd turned to Aurum and Gem as if asking what they should do. Gem flew into the air and addressed the crowd. "I do not believe that Xelqua should be punished severely. We made a very clear rule to not harm the dragon, and Bellum disobeyed. While death might have been an overly harsh punishment, it was a punishment nonetheless."

"I didn't mean to kill him," said Xelqua, "I only wanted to momentarily stun him, but in the heat of the moment, I was confused and put too much power into the magic. And now Bellum is dead." Gem smiled. "There you have it. Unless my brother disagrees with me Xelqua will not suffer a punishment beyond not being allowed to go beyond the main End City for the next couple of days. Anyone who tries to extract punishment will not like their fate."

Aurum nodded, agreeing. "I'll stay behind with Xelqua to enact the protections around the dragon," he said, "You take them back to the city." Gem and the others turned around and started to head back towards base.

Xelqua turned around to examine the dragon, and after a couple of seconds heard a loud bang. He turned around and found Aurum with his hand pointed at a person. The person was slowly transforming into a tall black entity with glowing purple eyes.

When Aurum spoke, his voice was full of anger. "Never disobey us again," he said, his eyes turning purple, "Never." The rest of the Watchers continued to follow Gem, and before long, they were out of view. Aurum turned back to Xelqua. "Sorry about that." his eye returned to its natural green. "I just didn't want you getting hurt again, especially getting hurt because of Bellum. Anyway, what defenses were you thinking for this dragon?" Xelqua smiled and raised his hands.