21

Miss West's POV

Our moment is interrupted by a honk that makes us quickly let go of each other. We've been so engrossed in our moment that we didn't see or hear the car next to us.

Even though my car had tinted windows, I panicked when I saw Asante's mom's car parked right next to us.

Asante calmly turns to me, 'relax, try not to blush too much because you know.... melanin' she says gesturing to my face thinking she's making me feel better but that makes me blush more. I open the windows  as Asante gets out to greet her mom who's coming towards us.

They hug and exchange a few words before Asante opens the back door and takes her stuff out. 'Thank you for the ride Miss.' she says throwing a wink my way, her mom not even noticing that and makes her way towards the front door.

'Hi Miss Martins.' I respond to her. We chat, she asks how I am and how has life been. I lie saying we just came from practice and as usual I'm dropping her daughter off. She smiling the whole time when talking to me and I think if she knew I wanted to kiss her daughter minutes ago, she wouldn't be smiling that way.

She does the unexpected and asks me to come inside for dinner. I mean she's a chef so I'm tempted but I have to refuse.

'I'm sorry Mrs Martins but-...' she interrupts me mid sentence and says, 'Alice, you can call me Alice'

'Alice, okay but I really can't accept your offer plus I don't want to make Asante uncomfortable in her own home. I don't think she'd appreciate her teacher eating dinner with her mom.'

'She can appreciate it in her own house, I'm the one inviting you into my house. I have food from the restaurant and one dish happens to be your favorite too.' she says convincingly. Since going to the restaurant for the first time with my family, I've went there for more than once but only for a takeaway because why would I eat alone in a restaurant when I can do that in my home.

I finally give in.

I mean it's food that's already cooked so this dinner won't take much of my time and I don't have to go to my own house and end up eating microwave food. She tells me to follow her car and park behind her on the driveway.

I nervously follow behind her and when we're inside, I take time to take in and appreciate her beautiful home. 'You have a beautiful home, Mrs Martins.' I say taking a sit on the kitchen counter chairs after she instructs me to.

'Thank you but if you really continue calling me that, I'll get offended. I'm not that old.' she says jokingly, 'Of course, Alice.' I correct.

'plus we're colleagues in a way so you don't really have to be formal with me.' She says reminding me that she's part of the school governing body.

'Before we eat, can I offer you a drink?' she adds. I can do with wine to calm my nerves but I'll be driving so I just say no and watch her warm the food up still conversing with her.

'smells good in her- oh Miss West?' Asante says as she enters the kitchen. She looks shocked and confused, I just smile nervously at her. 'I came with a lot of food from the restaurant so I invited Gia here, I know you don't mind.' Her mom says.

'Of course, I don't mind.' she says but her body language says the opposite. She looks nervous as me as she shifts from one leg to another making me take in her whole body. She's wearing blue shorts, they're really short, and a cropped white tank top and is wearing these long socks. She looks cute and hot at the same time.