12.

VOTE & COMMENT.

Chapter 12.

—"Mom

"Mom." Nura jumped up from her seat at the hospital when she saw her mom and hugged her.

Her mother was downstairs when the men broke into the house, they hit her on the head real bad and that caused Cench to wake up. He went upstairs to check and got shot.

Now they were at the hospital waiting for more news.

"I'm okay baby, don't worry it's just a bruise." Her mother said.

Chris looked up with a worried look in his eyes, he knew this was all his doing.

"Chris." Nura's mom called out his name.

"Yes ?" He asked.

"Can I talk to you ?" She raised her eyebrow, he nodded and stood up. Nura looked confused, she noticed Chris has been very quiet since they left the house.

"Chris I need to know what is going on." Nura's mother folded her arms looking up at him, he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"I don't know momma I- I- I-"

"They were talking about money, money from the robbery." She cut him off, his palms started to get sweaty.

"I don't know anything about that." He lied, looking away from her.

"Chris you are lying to me, don't forget that you are like my own son and I know when you are lying to me." She said, and he could feel the glare she was giving him, even when he didn't look at her.

"Who were those boys in my house Chris ?" She asked, grabbing his chin making him look at her.

"Dem boys that robbed the store the day that Nicolas died." He admitted, her eyes widened slightly, and she shook her head, feeling confused.

He knew it was them, he didn't have any doubt that they were sent by Snoop too.

"You got the money ?" She asked, and he looked down.

"Oh my God Chris you can't be serious." She shook her head, taking his silence for an answer.

"I'm sorry momma." He mumbled.

"I'm not even worried about the money, I'm worried about you. Your cousin is in there with a bullet wound in his body, they were coming for you, Chris. In my house, where I lay my head, where Nura lays her head." She pointed at Nura who was sitting next to August in one of the chairs in the hallway.