3

"HEY KAGEYAMA THE GINGERS HERE!" A boy yells as Hinata walks into the gym that the sports fundraiser would be held in. Hinata looks around to see a bunch of people standing around, waiting for the "try outs" to start for the event. Clapping his hands, Kageyama starts speaking.

"So for these events we want to show the best qualities of each sport listed, track and field, you are all good. For the event you guys will be participating in a race against each other and then describing your program to students. Everyone else, we have the coaches from each of the sports to see your skills and decide who would be best for the presentation." Kageyama explains. Cracking his neck, Hinata starts slipping off his high-top shoes and changing into his volleyball shoes as Kageyama directs everyone to the areas they're trials would be held at.

"And finally follow me for volleyball." Kageyama finishes, Hinata looks up and rushes over to the taller boy, following behind him with 3 other people.

"He's so short, is he a libero?" Someone behind Hinata whispers.

"I dunno, I saw him in class and he said he was an opposite hitter."

"No way! He's way too short for that." Rolling his eyes, the 4 of them make it to the net that's setup where Kageyama starts another long explanation. As soon as Kageyama is done talking, he goes down the line to hear everyone's positions.

"Wing spiker." A boy with white hair says.

"Libero," A girl says.

"Middle blocker." Another boy says with blue hair.

"Opposite hitter." Hinata finishes, everyone looking at him shocked.

"What? I can jump." Hinata asks, seeing everyone looking at him.

"Ok time to start this trial period. I will be setting you with the white hair and you ginger. Middle blocker you will block their spikes for this first bit and then libero, got it?" Kageyama asks going to grab a volleyball. Everyone shouts an affirmative answer as their "trial" begins.

An hour passes and all of the volleyball players have finished their trials, all but Hinata look exhausted, panting and sweaty. While Hinata is slightly sweaty but breathing just fine.

"Good job. If you wouldn't mind giving me your numbers I will call you later today." Kageyama says. Soon, everyone had given Kageyama their number and are chatting amongst themselves.

"Jeez carrot top I didn't know someone could jump that high!" The girl compliments.

"Hmm? Oh thanks I guess." Hinata responds with a smile.

"Seriously, you're so short!" The boy with white hair exclaims.

"I get it. I'm short and exceeded your expectations." Hinata says, seeing how the other players only focus on his height, and not the skill he had learned.

"You guys wanna go grab dinner? Considering we might be working together for this later might as well get along." The boy with blue hair suggests.

"I like that idea." The girl agrees. The boy with white hair also agreed and now all eyes were on Hinata. Pulling out his phone to check the time, Hinata see's that he has plenty of time before his stream is due to start.

"Sure, and why don't we invite Kageyama-senpai too?" Hinata says, looking over to the boy who's just standing and drinking his water.

"Why not, that sounds like fun!" The girl says, running over to Kageyama and asking him to join them for dinner.

As the 5 sit down at a random bar, they all trade formalities.

"Well I'll be the first to introduce myself, I guess, the names Yuta. I'm a second year." The boy with blue hair introduces.