Chapter 3

Previously on Chapter 2

After a while, she finally stops crying. "But I'm still proud of you, Y/N. Promise me you'll never forget about me? You'll call, right?" She said. I smile softly at her and nod my head. "Of course... I will always remember you. You're the bestest friend I could ever ask for..." I said, looking at her through tears. She give me a sad smile and wraps her arms around me. This is such a... bittersweet goodbye.

-The Visit-

Y/N P.O.V

I'll be leaving the dorm today. Right now, I'm having lunch with Ruby. This will be the last meal I'll have with her as her roommate. After this, we don't know when we'll be able to see each other face to face.

"Excuse me..." someone said. I turn my head to see a girl. "Yes?" I asked. "Do you mind? I have to talk to you..." she said. "Uh... sure..." I said. She smiles and take a seat next to Ruby.

"Hello... my name is Kate Mandell. You're Y/N L/N, right?" She said. "Yes... I am. What can I help you with?" I asked. "Ah yes. Do you... by any chance know the boy Miles Fairchild?" She asked. "Yes... well I've only seen him around school. But neither of us said a word. What about him?" I said.

"I'm sure you know that he got dropout of school..." she said. I nod my head. She smiles softly at me. "I heard so much about you from this school, Y/N. And I heard that you've recently graduated. That you're the only one who graduated early. Which shows how smart you are. I was wondering if you could help me in teaching Miles? You see... I've already occupied in teaching his little sister, Flora. And since you're the same level as him... it'll be easy for you to teach him" she said.

I turn to look at Ruby for her opinion. "I say go for it, Y/N. You have always dreamt of being a teacher, and this could be your chance to fulfill that dream..." she said. I let out a hum at her comment. I turn to look at Kate. She's giving me a hopeful gaze. I give her a soft smile and nod my head.

"Sure... I accept your offer" I said. She starts to grin happily. "Thank you so much! I'll be taking you to their house" she said. "Wait... today??" I said. She nods her head.

"Of course. After you have your lunch, we can get going" she said. I just nod my head. I turn to look at Ruby. She smiles at me. "You'll be okay, Y/N..." she said. I just give her a small smile.

Ruby and I talk for a while. Until it's time for me to get going with Kate. We pay for our meals and head out of the cafe. Ruby walks me to Kate's car.

"I guess this is it... remember to call me, okay?" She said. I smile and nod my head. "Of course, Ruby..." I said. She smiles sadly at me and pulls me into a tight hug. I wrap my arms around her, hugging her back.

I place my chin on her shoulders as I embrace her. "I'll miss you, Ruby..." I said, trying to fight back the tears from slipping out of my eyes. She pulls away and smiles at me. "I'll miss you too, Y/N..." she said. I give her one final hug and get inside the car with Kate. I wave at Ruby as Kate starts to drive.

***

After about an hour of driving, we pull up in front of a house. Well... not a house. It's a huge mansion. I stare at the building in front of me.

"Okay... we're here" she said, turning off the engine. She gets out of the car and I do the same. I take my luggage from the trunk. I just stare at the mansion, not knowing what to do.

Kate turns to me after noticing me not moving an inch. "Y/N? Come on..." she said, gesturing me to follow her. "Oh right... sorry" I said. I follow her as she makes her way inside the house. I slowly pull my suitcase with me as I follow Kate.

She enters the house. I awkwardly take a few steps inside the house. Kate notice me stalling. She walks towards me and grabs my hand, starting to pull me along. I let out a yelp at her sudden movement. She lets out a chuckle as she keeps pulling me along.

She leads me to what seem to be a living room. I can see a woman standing, not far from us. She turns to look at us.

"Ah... this must be Y/N L/N. The girl you picked to give Miles a home-school lesson..." she said. Kate nods her head. "Yes... this is Y/N. Y/N... this is Mrs. Grose" Kate said. "Hello, Mrs. Grose. It's a pleasure to meet you" I said, smiling at her. She just give me a small smile.

"I'm gonna take you to your room, okay?" Kate said, turning to look at me with a smile. I smile at her and nod my head. "Okay..." I said, nodding my head. She gestures me to follow her. I turn to Mrs. Grose and smiles at her. I turn around and follow Kate as she starts to walk.

"Here you go..." she said, gesturing towards a room. "Thanks, Kate..." I said. She smiles at me and turns around to walk away. I gently push the door open. I look around the bedroom. It's quite simple... yet it also looks luxurious.

I gently place my luggage down. I unzip it and start to unpack my belongings. I'm a little tired, but I'd much rather get it done now rather than later. I can rest afterwards.

A While Later

I've finally finished setting up the room the way I wanted it to be. It's quite tiring, but it's worth it. Now it'll be more like home to me.

I should probably take a shower now. But I have no idea where the washroom is located. They have no washroom in this room. Maybe I'll ask Mrs. Grose. That is if I come across her.

Oh well... might as well do a little exploring. Since I will be staying in this house starting today. I stand up and walks out of my room. I place my hand on the wall as I walk through the corridor. This house is huge. I could get close in here.

I can hear voices coming from a room. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion and start to walk towards it. It looks like a bedroom. I bit my lips, I'm new here. I shouldn't be sneaking around. But the curiosity got the best of me, because the next thing I know... I'm already walking towards the room.

I was about to push the door open when I hear a voice behind me. I turn my head to see Miles. He just stares at me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

""You shouldn't be in here

""You shouldn't be in here..." he said, in a soft voice. I blink my eyes from his comment. "Oh uhh... I'm sorry... I got a little lost. I'm trying to look for the washroom. Can you tell me where it is?" I said. He nods his head.

"It's down the hallway. Right at the end..." he said, pointing the direction with his thumb. I nod my head and smiles at him. "Thanks..." I said. He nods his head and walks away. I turn around and head towards where he directs me to.

After my shower, I make my way back to my room. It's a good thing that I remember the way. Man... this mansion is huge. It's gonna take a while for me to get used to this surrounding.

I enter my room and place my towel on the chair. I let myself fall onto the bed. It's very soft and comfy. I turn to lay on my side and close my eyes. I start to drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*