Chapter 5

Previously on Chapter 4

Sure we've met and occasionally shared eye-contact. But we never said a word to each other until I came to their house. But it's only because Kate personally approached me and asked me to be his teacher. But that's it... so I shouldn't think too much about it and focus on why I came here for. Yeah... that would be best.

-Weird Experience-

Y/N P.O.V

Miles helps me get on the horse back. He have the horse on a leash, and he stands a few feet from us. I think the leash is so the horse would only move in circle.

Miles keeps giving me instructions on how I should be sitting. How I should show dominance against the horse. All the while he keeps on whipping the horse. I gently pull the leash to make the horse stops. I turn to look at Miles as he gives me an approving nod.

"Well done..." he said. I stare at him. "Why did you keep whipping her?" I asked. "Quint said if you show weakness. The horses wouldn't listen to you. You'll never gain control" he said. I let out a sigh and get off the horse.

"But you still didn't have to do that a lot. You could have hurt her..." I said, gently caressing her horse's head. She nuzzles against the palm of my hand. I just smile and keep caressing her head.

Miles P.O.V

I just watch Y/N as she caress the horse's head. I can see the gentle look in her eyes. She's truly beautiful. I have been watching her for a while. Even at school.

I was very frustrated when they kicked me out, and I thought that wouldn't be able to see her again. But now, it's all thanks to Kate, she's actually here. Here at my house... as my tutor.

She turns to look at me. I flinch because she just caught me staring. But instead of calling me off, she smiles at me and went back to play with the horse. I feel my heart skipping a beat at the way she smile. What's this feelings? Could I possibly be in love... with Y/N?

***

Nighttime

Y/N P.O.V

I'm currently relaxing inside the bathtub. Riding a horse are fun. Sure... but if you're not used to it. It can make you ache all over. The warm water helps sooth the aching.

I close my eyes as I hum a soft melody. It was a song that my mom used to sing for me when I was a kid. I can feel tears building up in my eyes. I open my eyes as tears streams down my cheeks. I sit up and hugs my knees, as more tears keep streaming down both of my cheeks.

My mom died from cancer

My mom died from cancer. I knew that she wouldn't make it. But it still hurts to lose her. She's the only one that's always been there for me. But now that she's gone. I feel so lost.

I shake my head. I shouldn't be drowning myself in sadness like this. I have to remember that my mom is in a better place now. She won't feel anymore pain as she did when she was alive.

I get up from the bathtub, realizing I've been in here for too long. I gently dry myself and put on my night clothes. I brush my hair and walks out. I make my way back to my room.

I can hear voices coming from a certain direction. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. It's happening again. This time the voices sounded clearer than the ones I heard the first time.

I walk towards the sound slowly, curiosity growing in my chest. I slowly make my way towards it. I open the door to see an empty room. I furrow my eyebrow in confusion. I could've sworn I heard something. I turn around and jump when I see a figure. But his figure is translucent. In an instant, I can tell that he is not a human, but a ghost.

He have a smirk on his face. I quickly take out my necklace. It's a talisman, given by my mom. She said it will ward off bad spirits.

My mom said he have to have a strong believe... and I believe that this charm will protect me from bad things. Just like what my mom said. I know she won't lie to me about these kind of things. She'd want me to always stay safe.

 He starts screaming as if something is burning him

He starts screaming as if something is burning him. He slowly vanish. I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, mom..." I said, in a soft voice. I should just go to my room and get some rest. I turn around and make my way to my room.

I lay down on my bed. I don't really like to sleep in the dark so I keep the nightstand lamp on. I turn so my back is facing the light. I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

The Next Day

I make my way out of my room after I'm done with my morning routine. I can feel someone's gaze on me. I turn my head to the source, but I don't see any person. I shake my head and keep walking.

I enter the study hall, and start to set it up for the study session with Miles. I take a seat and read my novel as I wait for Miles to get here. He's probably overslept.

After a few minutes, Miles finally walks in. He take a seat in front of me. "Hey..." he said. "Hi..." I said, in a soft voice. I stand up and gently place a book in front of him.

"Here... I have marked the important points. I want you to read them, understand them. Then read it back to me once you understand everything. Feel free to ask if you have difficulties, okay?" I said. He nods his head and start to read.

I take a seat on my chair again. I place my chin on the palm of my hand. I start to think the weird feeling I experience earlier. What was that? Why do I feel like someone's watching me?

"I'm done..." Miles said, after a while. I nod my head and start to test him. He manage to answer all the questions.

"Very good. I'm quite impressed... you're a very good student" I said. He just smiles at me. "Thanks..." he said. I smile softly at him. I close the book and place it on the table.

"Hey, Miles..." I said. "Yeah?" He said. "Is there any other people that lived here, aside from you, Flora and Mrs. Grose?" I asked. He shakes his head. "No, why?" He asked. "I uh... I kept getting this strange feelings. It's like someone is watching me" I said. He stays silent after I said that.

"It's probably just your imagination. Don't think too much about it" he said. I let out a hum and nod my head. True... I did saw a ghost. It's probably just the same one. But the stare I felt doesn't feel like a ghost. It felt like a human. But who?

*to be continued*