Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

I shake my head as I start to have tons of questions in my head. Okay... stop overthinking and just let it flow. I let out a sigh and close my eyes. I let myself drift off to sleep.

-Sweet Moments-

Y/N P.O.V

I hear knocking sound on the door. The sound wakes me up from my deep slumber. I gently rub my eyes, trying to get rid of the sleepiness. I get up from the bed and make my way to the door.

I open it and jump back in surprise when something is moved in front of my face. I let out a sigh of relief when I realize it's a huge bouquet of f/f. I stare at it in confusion.

The bouquet moves to reveal Miles. "Good morning, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at him. "Good morning, Miles" I said. He walks towards me and outstretch his arm, giving the bouquet for me.

"Oh, uh... thank you" I said. He smiles softly at me. I gently take the bouquet from him. I lift it closer to my face, taking a sniff. I let out a content hum at the sweet scent of f/f.

"How do you know I love this flower?" I asked. He just smiles at me. "I have my ways..." he said, coolly. I just giggle at his comment. He's really trying his best to win my heart. But I'm still not sure what I feel about him.

"What subject are we doing today?" He asked. "It's the weekend, Miles. You have free time" I said. He nods his head at what I said. "Alright... then, walk with me?" He said. I smile softly and nod my head. "Sure... let me put this in a vase real quick, okay?" I said. He smiles and nods his head. I turn around and enter my room. I place the bouquet inside the vase.

"Okay..." I said, walking towards Miles. He smiles and lift his hand for me to take. I stare at it for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. If I hold his hand. He'll be more hopeful that I might fall for him, when I don't know whether I will or not. But if I don't hold it, he'll be upset.

Plus it's rude to not accept people's kind gestures. But in the end, I place my hand on top of his. He smiles happily when I finally hold his hand. We turn around and start to walk, wherever he have in mind.

***

Miles takes me to the pond. We walk around the place hand in hand. His hand is warm... it makes me feel calm for some reason. Maybe there's actually a chance that I will actually catch feelings for him.

"This place is my sister's favorite spot in the whole household..." he said, after walking in silence. I turn to look at him and smiles. "Yeah... I can see why. It's beautiful here..." I said. He smiles softly at me. He lets go of my hand and slowly walk towards a bench and take a seat. He pat the spot next to him. I walk towards him and take a seat next to him.

"The air is so fresh here..." I said, inhaling the fresh air. "Sure is" Miles said, nodding his head. He turns to look at me. I turn to him. He stares into my eyes. He slowly leans in.

"We should take it slow, Miles..." I said, before his lips could touch mine. He lets out a sigh and nods his head. He slowly pulls away.

"Yeah... sorry. I should've ask first" he said. I shake my head. "No... I'm sorry. I just, I'm worried that I might hurt you, Miles. I'm still not sure how I feel about you. You give an effort with these kind gesture to prove to me that you feel something. But what if I failed... at falling for you? You will be hurt" I said. He shakes his head.

"It's okay, Y/N. I asked for a chance. I'm ready to accept the consequences. And if in the end, I can't win your heart... it's okay. At least I tried my best. What matters to me is that you're willing to give me a chance to prove myself to you" he said, smiling at me. I lean over and place a soft kiss on his cheek.